Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by investors including Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
As an Iteration Manager at Prospection you will work closely with two or three cross-functional software engineering squads to define and refine our agile processes, identify and mitigate risks and keep work flowing smoothly. Our engineering teams handle a mix of product development, client customisations and data integration. In addition to the engineering squads, will also work closely with the product managers and client delivery teams. This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Guide and coach the squads on agile principles and practices.
- Ensure that team practices are booked in, run and well-facilitated. These include planning and estimation, daily stand-ups and retrospectives. In this role you will have the opportunity to refine or redefine these processes.
- Regularly review and reflect on team practices to ensure they are still providing the desired value. Adjust and experiment if necessary!
- Assist the team with the removal of impediments and blockers, while coaching the team on how to resolve or avoid them blockers and also coach the team(s) to resolve them.
- Work closely with Product and Delivery Managers to identify highest priority/valuable items. Use this knowledge to help the squads plan work items for upcoming iterations.
- Identify and help resolve bottlenecks within the team’s delivery process.
- Contribute to building a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
The outcomes of the role include:
- The squads have a shared understanding of their current work, and upcoming work in their backlog. This understanding is both technical (‘How shall we build it?) and customer-oriented. (‘Why are we building it?’)
- The engineering squads and their stakeholders have a common understanding of their capacity to commit to work.
- Risks to client deliverables or timeframes are identified early and communicated to the Delivery and Product teams.
- Tasks are broken down and appropriately sized. Cross-squad dependencies are identified and where possible eliminated by restructuring the work.
- The squad is able to evaluate how work flows through the business, and in particular their own team.
- Process bottlenecks can be quantitatively identified.
- Squads feel empowered to suggest improvements and execute on them in order to alleviate blockers and bottlenecks.
Ideally you will have prior experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience working with Agile teams. This could be as an Agile Delivery Lead or similar roles such as Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Iteration Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive working relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate well in a cross-cultural working environment.
- Flexibility to deal with conflicting and changing priorities. Comfortable facilitating discussion on alternative approaches.
- High level knowledge of a broad range of agile approaches to software delivery, such as Lean, Kanban and Scrum
- A high level understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles.
You might also have this experience:
- Experience working across a range of different company types, including startups and larger enterprises
- Direct experience with multiple software development methodologies, such as Lean, Kanban and Scrum.
- Direct experience working in (or working towards) a Continuous Delivery environment.
Our Tech Stack
Prior experience in our tech stack would be useful as it may help you guide the team towards appropriate testing techniques, but is not essential for a successful application.
Back-end and data processing:
- JDK 11 (with a JDK17 upgrade planned)
- Spring boot stack (Hibernate/spring-data-jpa/spring-mvc/spring-boot)
- AWS services including S3 and Athena
- Google Maps
- Kubernetes [AWS EKS]
- AWS services including EC2 and ECR
- The opportunity to contribute to improving patient outcomes across the globe.
- Flexible and remote working options
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve.
- Great team culture.
- Lots to learn.
As a team player, you enjoy learning new skills from your colleagues and sharing your knowledge with others. You should have a strong work ethic, whilst making time to have fun at the end of the day.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume
*Note: Our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects remotely or from home. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.