Founded in Sydney in 2017, Zoomo is leading the world at providing utility e-bikes and after market servicing. We’re a fast growing tech start up with a global footprint across Australia, the US and the UK. We are doubling in size every 6 months!
We are transitioning billions of urban miles from bikes, cars and trucks to smart e-bikes. eBikes are more efficient, more sustainable and now, easily accessible.
We move fast and score goals. We seek honest feedback. And we respect the individual.
We are looking for a General Manager with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem solving along with the ability to thrive in ambiguity while creating world-class customer experiences. In this critical strategic leadership role, you will be responsible for overall market performance and growth. You are a creative, big-picture individual who is excited to be accountable for your own team and P&L. This includes not only financial management but also team leadership across departments (including partnerships, operations, local marketing and government relations)
In this role, you will not only ensure operational excellence, but will also have your finger on the local market pulse, identifying and moving quickly on new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining critical partnerships.
Zoomo is a new business and we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
Based in Sydney and responsible for Zoomo's Australia Operations in the following areas:
- Lead Zoomo's market growth strategy across operations, marketing, recruiting, business development, support, and much more with the full support of HQ in Sydney
- Implement an operating model for success: industrialize operations and build internal operational capabilities, define warehouse and logistics strategy, refine and optimise a competitive pricing strategy across a range of SKUs, etc.
- Launch new cities, products and partnerships: Identify and launch new cities, new post codes, new products and new partnerships to enable hyper growth in your market
- Build a high performing team: Manage and grow a team of operational leaders. You will be responsible for hiring & developing your team and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Represent Zoomo in Australia: live our values, be proactive in seeking opportunities and don’t be afraid to hustle
- Drive innovation across the business: Synthesise feedback and recommendations amongst your peers, the business, product and engineering teams
- 5+ years experience in strategy or operations roles in high growth / high pressure environments
- 2+ years managing high performing teams
- Strong operational mindset and track record of achieving targets within the constraints of a startup
- Data-driven mentality with a strong business judgment and bias to action
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and spend time on the shop floor
- Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive, positive & supportive work environment for all
- A passion for the space we play in, be it mobility, microfinance, gig workers, sustainable transportation, etc.
You will get exposure to many technologies, and be around some very talented people in a highly collaborative space. We are looking for exceptional people and will offer a package and environment to match.
- Jumping aboard a rocket ship at the ground floor
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong management team and global presence
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
- Attractive remuneration package and benefits
- Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace