Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$150M (pacing to $170M in 2021) and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
We are looking for a talented engineering manager to join our Reporting team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining the data standardisation, aggregation, and reporting functionality at Rokt. We are looking for engineers who are able to wrap their heads around incredibly complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions that transform our clients’ businesses.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem solving and leadership skills to prioritise and execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team to help prioritise and translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers.
You will be leading a team that forms a cohort of high performing teams across a multitude of disciplines within a division of Rokt. You will work closely with your peers to ensure we are driving towards sustainable system architectures and organisational structures.
- Work with the Product Manager to influence the direction of the product as well as collaborating with your engineering team to translate feature requests into clear technical requirements for prioritization and implementation.
- Manage the operational support and incident recoveries to ensure the smooth and continuous running of the services.
- Manage and mentor the team by actively supporting them to develop their careers and to challenge them to step outside of their comfort zone for growth and development.
- BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or equivalent, or similar experience
- 6+ years experience in Software Engineering with the last 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
- Experience in building and scaling microservices, front-to-back, in a public cloud setting, with AWS preferred
- Extensive experience in designing & building large scale ElasticSearch clusters
- Experience building data pipelines end to end
- Advanced Python skills
- Experience in EMR/Spark
- Experience with DevOps practices, CI/ CD pipelines and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience in employee performance and career growth management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator across all levels of the organisation
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us, and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.