Dubber is a successful Aussie technology start-up, founded in 2011 by three friends who wanted to solve how expensive it was to record business conversations and make it easier to retrieve recording data. Fast forward to today, and Dubber is ASX listed, one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies globally, and the world leader in unified call recording and voice AI cloud offerings. Our headquarters are in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Brisbane, as well as in the UK and USA.
We believe the Dubber journey has just begun, and that this is a great time for you to join us. We’re in an exciting growth phase, and you have an opportunity to help us scale and mature the business, on a foundation of strong values and a clear strategy.
The capture team at Dubber is a group of talented software engineers who specialise in building, running and operating secure, resilient and scalable platforms to capture audio and video streams from a variety of sources. Capture is at the heart of what Dubber does, and the team is currently embarking on an exciting journey to modernise, simplify and consolidate Dubber’s existing capture capabilities.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer with deep telephony experience located in Australia. You’ll be part of a distributed team, modernising and maintaining capture platforms and tools in a multi-cloud environment across many geographies. If you like solving complex problems in simple ways and have a passion for all things audio, then this might be the role for you.
At Dubber, you’ll help shape the future direction of capture for a global SaaS company. You will:
- Solve complex engineering problems – the kind that come from operating at scale in a multi-cloud environment, supporting a global customer base
- Collaborate with others to design and implement platforms and tools that are scalable, resilient and secure
- Continuously evolve and raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and sharing best practices
- You’re enthusiastic, and like solving problems and being hands on.
- You enjoy communicating and collaborating with others.
- You’re curious, eager to learn, and have a desire to continuously improve your skills.
- You have previous experience in agile software delivery.
- You got deep expertise and experience in software engineering of telephony/voice solutions
- You’ve (ideally) worked in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP or other).
- You’ve got some knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container platforms).
- You’re familiar with highly-automated environments deployed through Infrastructure as Code (using Terraform or similar).
- You know about coding and security best practices and relevant tooling.
- You’re comfortable supporting what you build.
- You’re experienced in programming in C/C++ (oriented to VoIP software).
- You have significant experience in SIP protocol including signalling and SDP.
- You have experience with SIP signalling analysis for SIP Proxy, SBC, Gateway, Trunk, Registration and bridged media sessions.
- You have experience with open-source software like Asterisk and Freeswitch (configuration, compilation and installation of modules).
- You have experience with OpenSIPs (Load balancing, branches and routes).
- You’re confident with Linux administration (command line) for updating, patching, compiling and creating deb packages.
- You have knowledge of telephony codecs and media containers such as PCMU, PCMA, WAV and MP3.
- You have experience Generating SIP scenarios for functional and load testing (SIPp and/or other tools).
- You’re strong in IP networking and have knowledge of routing, NAT, DNS, VPNs and firewalls.
- You have SBC knowledge with AudioCodes, Oracle/Acme Packet or Metaswitch.
Why should you join Dubber?
Dubber offers a competitive salary,, and share options for everyone, which drives our ownership culture. We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, which means there are always opportunities to learn, grow, and gain valuable experience.
With offices across the world, our people are part of a global team! Dubber has a hybrid working model so you can work from home and from our offices in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane.
Inclusion is important to us, and we’re committed to an environment in which everyone can thrive, and support each other to pursue our common goal: to unleash the potential in every conversation.
We like to keep things fun, so we run regular team events and celebrations that you can be part of whether you're working remotely or in the office. Check out our website to see why our team love being Dubsters.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in so don't wait to apply! Reach out to [email protected] for a confidential chat or if you have any questions.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.