Seer Medical is a Melbourne-based med-tech company with an ambitious agenda to challenge the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, mobile apps and software solutions combined with an extensive research and development program, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to empower patients and their doctors by creating new care pathways that are entirely free from the inefficiencies of bricks and mortar institutions. Building on our expertise in epilepsy, we are creating end-to-end systems that give people control over their health and put them on a path to better medical outcomes.
With a strong team, Seer Medical will be the global technology leader in home monitoring across neurological, sleep, and cardiac conditions by 2026.
About The Role
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Production Technician to join our team in the Manufacturing division.
Reporting to the Production Lead, this role will be pivotal in maintaining and improving the quality of our manufacturing processes, and diagnostic systems. The successful candidate will be central to Seer’s production processes, and will be responsible for supervising and maintaining the quality of our medical devices and consumables.
This is an opportunity for a qualified individual to move into a role where your growth and development will be supported in an exciting organisation. While formal engineering qualifications are not mandatory, they will be considered favourably.
- Develop and refine production processes for existing products
- Inform and set the standard operating procedures for using tools, machines, and computer equipment
- Set the practical quality standards and help ensure the workforce keeps pace with the delivery standards
- Operate within the production process, building assemblies and finished items using an array of equipment that you’ll be an expert in
- Soldering and reflow stations
- General tools such as screwdrivers, scalpels, files
- Power tools such as drills, dremels, heat guns
- Critique, improve, and develop work instructions for each assembly, working within our ISO13485 standards, and Medical Devices standards for production quality assurance
- You have 15+ years of practical hands on experience in production environments
- You may have experience running and supervising production teams
- You have a good level of understanding of electronics and electronic instruments
- You are highly proficient in re-working complex PCBs
- You are highly proficient in hand-tools
- You have a working understanding of complex tools such as CNC machines.
- You have strong mechanical skills
- Strong software experience such as spreadsheets, databases, ERP/MRP, and asset management systems
- You are agile and comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment
- You are meticulous and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience working within the med-tech or pharma industry would be advantageous
- Although not mandatory, knowledge of ISO 13485, and FDA 21 CFR part 820 standards would beneficial
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with the best of the best, solving life-changing problems in healthcare
- Joining a dynamic company at a time of major growth and international expansion
- Professional development and career growth
- Working in an inclusive environment that promotes diversity
- Competitive salary
- Central CBD location