Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class ecommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the Transaction Moment™ for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
We are looking for talented Android Engineers with solid experience to join our Mobile Platform team. The Mobile team manages Mobile SDKs that enable Rokt's partners to unlock additional value from mobile native ecommerce funnels. The SDK integrates seamlessly into our partners' mobile apps and enables targeted and personalised marketing messages and offers at optimal points along the in-app ecommerce flow.
- Collaborate with teammates across product, design, and engineering to ideate, plan, and build features for existing and new products.
- Build and maintain SDKs used by our clients.
- Build and maintain mobile applications.
- Optimize code we deliver to users for maximum performance.
- Maintain and elevate our standards for code quality.
- Bring your best practices and experience to our collaborative environment.
- End-to-end responsibility: design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the SDKs in addition to monitoring and on-call.
- Act as a technical expert assisting clients to integrate the SDKs by architecting, leading and delivering integration projects as well as supporting client engineers to debug problems.
- Develop, maintain and improve cross-platform modules such as React Native.
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for complex systems. Our products have many different components. You’ll come ready to work to understand the systems to make sure your projects stay healthy and secure.
- An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and Jira issues.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work. From code to documentation to communication.
- A product-focused approach to programming. You work to maintain the highest quality of code possible, but you don’t lose sight of the end goal of shipping products.
- Deep understanding of Android fundamentals, server interaction, security and inter-mobile-app communication.
- Deep understanding of Web fundamentals; making requests, setting headers, and more.
- Capability around setting up and managing Android build/packaging/release pipelines of Android applications and libraries using Buildkite, Gradle, Maven, etc.
- Expertise with Android testing frameworks: unit test, integration test and end-to-end test by using such tools as JUnit, Espresso, BrowserStack, AWS Device Farm, etc.
- 5+ years of experience building Android applications/SDKs with a strong depth of knowledge in Kotlin/Java.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, you should still consider applying. We want to hear from you.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.