Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Manager, Compliance, you’ll provide broad but specialist compliance advisory services across Afterpay’s business units. You will complement the Global Compliance team’s specialist focus on financial crime and privacy risk management and while you will focus on the Australian and New Zealand businesses, you will also have exposure and the opportunity to solve problems and make an impact across Afterpay’s expanding global business.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Assess, advise and act as compliance subject expert to the business on a broad range of areas, including, BNPL industry compliance, design and distribution obligations, collections, consumer protection, anti-bribery and corruption and other conduct-related areas
- Manage the global compliance training programme
- Conduct and report on compliance risk assessments on new products, services and initiatives
- Assist the business with compliance incident management
- Manage projects to assess, implement and monitor adherence to new regulatory obligations and policies
- Maintain databases, registers and other records relating to compliance risk management (e.g. maintaining project plans, logging incidents, completing risk assessment forms and action logs)
- Work with business lines to enhance awareness and educate on compliance risks, mitigation strategies and options
- Advise internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs
- Lead and manage projects to assess, implement and monitor adherence to new regulatory obligations and policies
- Drive a strong risk culture and awareness in day-to-day business decisions
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have experience working in compliance advisory roles, addressing a broad range of compliance areas
- Your experience in financial services or technology environments with a retail or payments focus will be well regarded but not necessary
- Your experience working on Australian and New Zealand regulatory practices, experience and exposure to international regulatory practices will be highly regarded
- You’re naturally passionate about why compliance matters and how it contributes to successful business and community outcomes
- You have a data and technical focus, with an ability to analyse, assess and operationalise new and emerging regulatory obligations
- You place importance on building strong relationships and pride yourself on your excellent communication skills
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.