About the Role
Site Reliability Engineers are an integral part of our autonomous, multi-disciplinary teams, working closely with Product Teams, Security, and Operations to deliver quality, rock-solid customer experiences and scale our systems for ever-increasing growth.
Campaign Monitor is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing SRE team; a gifted problem solver, often in unfamiliar code bases, and c# engineer with experience diagnosing system errors as well as proactively building metrics and alerts to discover system issues before our customers do. We send over 2 billion emails every month and our infrastructure needs to scale accordingly so we can deliver the best user experience possible.
What you’ll do:
- Solve problems relating to core services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions - facilitate root cause analysis sessions and communicate the findings back to the product teams.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Campaign Monitor's services.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties outside of Sydney business hours.
- Measure everything, report on interesting events and alert on critical issues.
- Create and update documentation.
- Work with other teams to build, test and roll out systems that are resilient, robust, and scalable.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 8+ years of relevant industry experience).
- Strong fluency in C# and strong scripting skills - knowledge of other programming languages such as java or golang is a bonus.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and best practice is distributed system design.
- Commercial hands on experience with AWS
- You’ve used a range of storage engines (SQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra) and know when each type is useful.
- You know how to use DevTools or similar to improve web application performance.
- Effective communication skills, via interactive mediums and documentation.
- Big data systems such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra or Spark.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP networking and troubleshooting with Wireshark, nmap and friends.
- You know how web applications work, from the underlying network protocols (HTTP, TCP) through to web server (IIS, nginx), browser behaviour and everything in between.
What Are The Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave and holiday schedule
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you are always learning and growing
- Daily, fully catered breakfast, lunch and snacks, drinks options and barista coffee when you are working in our Sydney office
- Personal fitness, yoga classes, swimming passes, team sports fully funded by Campaign Monitor when you are working from the Sydney office
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance
- An awesome work environment using the best available equipment