At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports, home and beauty.
As part of our ongoing commitments, the Sustainability team is passionate about developing, maintaining and driving organisational standards spanning our supply chain’s ethical trade, environment, community and diversity sectors.
The Sustainability team is at the forefront of the organisation and responsible for driving THE ICONIC’s Sustainability Strategy. This includes focusing on crucial topics including (but not limited to) ensuring worker welfare across our product supply chains’ traceability, implementing levers to reduce carbon emissions, raising funds for charity, or leading initiatives contributing toward Australia’s reconciliation with First Nations peoples. We do it all in Sustainability.
What you’ll love about this role…
As the Head of Sustainability, your role will be to drive the success of each strategic initiative, steady-state metric and addressment of ethical trade non-compliances within THE ICONIC’s global supply chains. This is no small feat and so, with the excitement and inspiration leading an amazing department, comes the responsibility of astutely managing compliance and ethics. To support you in this exciting journey, you will partner with a great team and also have global support of our parent company GFG, who work alongside THE ICONIC and other global ventures to systemise Sustainability standards and protocols.
No one day is the same at THE ICONIC and especially in Sustainability. We are an extremely busy team and hold cross functional relationships with all parts of the business, requiring us to manage various and competing priorities. This can lead to a fast paced environment but we’re up for the challenge and we would not have it any other way!
Your focus will be to…
- Lead, support and grow our sustainability team with the focus on achieving our key targets
- Implement and drive the sustainability strategy, collaborating across all areas of the business
- Provide strategic guidance to the business functions to manage sustainability risk and leverage opportunities
- Build organisational awareness of sustainability principles to drive consistency and continuous improvement
- Be a holistic thinker, possessing the ability to see the ‘big picture’ while also being able to zoom into micro details to understand mechanisms and important granularities
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills to interact, inspire and guide any audience. Whether it be discussing quarterly performance with Executives, remediating factories’ non compliances, or presenting to the business
- Take complex information and make it simple, tailored at the right level for the audience
- Develop governance tools, templates, and training to deliver the sustainability program across the business
- Ability to use your influencing skills to take stakeholders on the journey to make change and lead everyone to a united consensus
What we love about you…
- Experienced sustainability leader, with a passion for driving results and delivering outcomes
- Ability to collaborate and influence others, both cross functionally and vertically
- Articulate and capable of facilitating meetings and workshops
- Embrace THE ICONIC’s coaching culture, conducting coaching sessions with peers and managers
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work in teams and autonomously
- An agile, continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to manage priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Data-driven, using insights to shape and support content, processes and approach
- Ability to develop solutions that are flexible and scalable across all areas (as part of a growing and fast-paced business)
- Exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Degree in business, e/commerce, sustainability or equivalent experience
- Sustainability experience at a consumer goods related business
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and learning tools
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our AMAZING staff discount and our famous sample sales!
- Hybrid working environment so you can manage your location across the office and wherever else works for you
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]