hi, we’re hipages Group.
We create effortless solutions that help tradies streamline and grow their businesses and delight their customers. The two products in the group are hipages, Australia's largest online tradie marketplace, where our team gets to help shape the on-demand tradie economy and Tradiecore, a SAAS product helping tradies optimise their businesses.
Over 3 million Australians have used hipages, where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds! Our purpose of transforming the trade industry, creating better lives for everyone drives our curious, creative and energised team to achieve this.
How you will make an impact:
As Junior Legal Counsel for hipages Group, your role will be to provide legal advice and support across the hipages business: corporate, operations, marketing and technology. This is a great opportunity for a lawyer looking to develop their in-house legal career. As a team of two, you will work closely with the General Counsel and Company Secretary. hipages’ GC is a top-tier trained corporate lawyer with over 15 years’ experience in public and private M&A, fundraising and corporate governance.
To be successful in this role, you must have an interest and curiosity in the broader commercial business, an ability to identify and resolve legal issues, simple and clear communication, strong organisational skills and the confidence to work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent technical skills are also foundational to the role.
How you will add value:
You will work on:
- Legal advice and support across the hipages business
- Commercial contract negotiations and drafting
- Corporate governance work including ASX listing rule compliance
- Regulatory application and compliance including for new products
- Dispute resolution and management of small claims
- Corporate transactions
You will be well supported and have oversight from the GC, but the intention is that you will work autonomously, have responsibility for your own matters and develop your own relationships within the business.
- 2 - 4 years PQE in corporate / commercial law
- Current practicing certificate
- Experience with a well-regarded legal firm preferred, in-house legal experience not essential
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!