Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
The Opportunity As Afterpay’s Social Media & Community Manager you’ll lead on innovative social media strategy for Afterpay Australia & New Zealand to drive brand awareness, reach, love and loyalty in key markets! You will also manage Afterpay’s large and highly engaged community on major owned channels across Australian and New Zealand channels...
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Build, implement and own a highly effective social media strategy for Afterpay AU & NZ markets - including social content, ambassador, channel and community management strategies
- Leverage social media tools to analyse data and form insights to assist with ongoing social media strategy development and optimisation and delivering multiple reports to
the wider business and partners
- Work collaboratively and effectively with key stakeholders across Afterpay marketing team and wider teams to assess company-wide objectives and opportunities to amplify the Afterpay brand on social
- Work with marketing team to deliver major brand and retail campaigns across social channels
- Work with content team/creative hub to co-create and optimize social media content to use across the Afterpay social channels that is in-line with our overall content strategy
- Manage overall Afterpay AU & NZ social channel activity to ensure all brand and retail content upholds Afterpay brand visual guidelines and TOV
- Stay on top of new social media trends and platform developments, identifying opportunities and informing the wider business on new ways to connect with our community of users
- Social partnerships lead - build and maintain strong relationships with external agencies and platform partners to identify and deliver on strategic commercial outcomes to drive innovation in social and content.
- Ambassador program lead - work with wider brand team and relevant agencies to strategize, launch and run Afterpay Ambassador program to drive brand reach, awareness, love and loyalty
- Community manage a large user base working across multiple social media channels; engaging with our community and creating a buzz that results in measurable community growth as well as mitigating potential PR, brand and/or consumer and merchant risks
- Manage & support Social Media/Community Executive: approve all social content & copy, support in the maintenance of the social content calendar, guide and co-create relevant and on-trend social content
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have a demonstrable background in Social Media Management! You will have strong experience managing multiple communities across a variety of social media platforms
- Experience leading major projects and partnerships
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills – you pride yourself on building trusted relationships!
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategies that create cut-through whilst remaining on brand
- Experience or knowledge of Google Analytics, Adobe CS, Radian6, Hootsuite and/or Salesforce – Social Studio, Facebook Business Ads Manager and YouTube Business Manager
- You are able identify opportunities and educate the wider organisation on the value social media can bring to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you know how to make an impact!
- You can think on your feet and respond to trends.
- Highly collaborative and calm under pressure; You have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and thrive in a fast paced environment!
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.