Zip is a high-growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience. Zip is growing rapidly and globally; and our mission is to enable our consumers to choose Zip as their first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Our strategic focus is underpinned by an aligned high-performance team, a reliable, secure and scalable platform, constantly improving product experiences and a trusted consumer brand.
We have built an amazing culture at Zip, our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our standards are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Change the Game.
Zip is expanding globally through acquisition, joint venture and organically. We have expanded from 4 to 11 markets over the last twelve months and we will continue to have an aggressive growth strategy. It is an exciting time to be joining Zip, especially our New Markets Finance team!
When entering a new market, upfront due diligence is required over the financial accounting and reporting implications associated with an investment or acquisition transaction, proposed product revenues, expenses and transfer pricing required for the region. Financial reporting including month-end processes may need to be centralised through our team in the early stages of a new market until self-sufficient.
The number of new markets being entered into has resulted in a requirement to increase resourcing within the finance function to support Zip’s exciting geographic expansion and ensure all financial accounting and reporting requirements and issues are identified up front, are addressed, and subsequently monitored and controlled.
This role would be a fantastic fit for someone who is looking to transition from a large accounting firm who loves to get into details of a transaction and assess against IFRS/AASB standards as well as gain industry experience in financial reporting. As we continue to expand into new markets, there will be opportunities to grow the team and this will involve career progression and coaching opportunities.
Reporting to the Director, Finance - New Markets, Financial Risk and Compliance, you will be part of the Finance team working closely with the Strategy & New Markets Team to support Zip’s global expansion plan with a focus on financial accounting and reporting for our existing and planned new markets.
In this role you will:
● Prepare financial accounting position papers on investment or acquisition transactions and significant accounting policies associated with a target company (With the support of the Finance Director)
● Analyse sale and purchase agreements, due diligence reports and other transaction documents to discern the financial accounting and reporting risks identified
● Coordinate with external financial due diligence providers to assess the financial and tax considerations of the target company
● Coordinate with external valuation providers to determine the accounting purchase price allocation of the target company
● Engage with external and internal stakeholders (Strategy Team, lawyers, accounting firms) to support the life cycle of the M&A deal process
● Production of month-end reporting including month-end journals, accruals, prepayments, payroll, depreciation, etc as well as post journal entries associated with investments or acquisitions
● Support the Group Financial Reporting team and our external auditors in New Markets related financial and regulatory reporting requirements
● Identify and monitor the financial reporting requirements of our offshore new markets.
● Contribute to the evolution & continuous improvement of Zip’s Finance process and controls
● Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.