One third of Australians live in a rental home and one-in-eight own one, but the experience is often, well… not great. Renters have to shout to be heard. Property investors have little visibility or control over one of their most valuable assets. And property managers are shackled to antiquated technology. Nobody is happy. So, we’re rebuilding the $53B property management industry from the ground up with a ground-breaking, data-powered platform for payments, accounting, communication and work that delivers a better experience for everyone.
Founded in 2017, we’re on a mission to make every home a good investment and every investment a great home. So far, we’ve built the largest property management dataset in Australia and have helped more than 100,000 property managers, property investors and renters work better together on Ailo.
We're looking for a Mid level Product Designer to help us bring to market a world-first, single platform that connects homeowners, tenants, tradespeople, property managers and real estate business owners in one place, in real-time.
You’ll be responsible for creating experiences across our mobile and web applications that help millions of Australians have a clearer understanding of their rental homes and their investment properties – and you’ll help property managers leverage technology to deliver even better customer experiences.
Reporting to the Design team lead, you’ll research and design product initiatives in a dedicated squad and be mentored by senior designers as you work alongside our incredible team of engineers, product managers, UI designers, marketing and your fellow product designers.
A fierce advocate for the customer, you love discovering the cause of a problem and turning the right solution into reality. You thrive in a strong culture of open communication, cross-functional teamwork, hustle to deliver value and respond to the needs of the market, and passion for our mission.
- Plan and implement appropriate research methods to gather feedback on concepts and interface usability
- Identify and quantify customer needs and opportunities
- Document and share customer research and discovery work with the broader team
- Design usable and delightful solutions to genuine customer problems
- Develop low-fi UI mockups, user flows and prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Engage with product managers, UI designers and engineering teams on crafting solutions and subsequent delivery of designs
- Work within and contribute to the development of the Ailo UI Design systems and patterns
- Champion a cross-functional team culture
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- 2+ years experience as a Product designer (or similar role)
- Problem-solver at heart and able to empathise with our users
- Conduct and synthesise customer research
- Detail-oriented and collaborative
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Great communicator (visual and verbal)
- Creative and innovative
- Openness to learn from peers and managers, and evolve your design thinking
- Proven knowledge of tools for prototyping and UI design like Figma, Marvel etc
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Incredible business, poised for massive growth.
- You will be making a difference in an enormous market
- We already have a world class team and you would be working with truly incredible colleagues
- Your career matters to us. We have a process and practice that will ensure you receive mentoring and coaching from senior designers at Ailo. We know that this is crucial in the development of your career so we want to make sure you know it matters to us
Interested? Apply now. Please include a link to your portfolio, or attach as part of your application. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered