Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Developer Evangelist will have a passion for developer experience and desire to apply creativity in the creation of code and content that educates and drives awareness for APIs and technology. The incumbent will also participate in technical discussions with developers and app partners to speed development and ensure best practices by reviewing and certifying their integration.
What you'll do:
• Onboard new app partners into Xero’s partner program
• Answer technical questions from app partners building to Xero APIs
• Certify app partner integrations to ensure they meet our high standards
• Manage relationships with assigned app partners
• Contribute towards improving developer documentation
• Educate developers through videos, blog posts, and code samples
• Present technical content to developers on webinars and at live events
• Contribute towards our client SDKs and developer tools
• Drive awareness of Xero APIs and app partner program.
• Engage with the Xero developer community in forums, on social media and GitHub
• Employ analytical skills and creativity to solve for complex use cases
• Work collaboratively across the ecosystem team to support our shared vision
This is a key hire for the business, centered on leveraging the Xero API to create effective solutions for developers. You have technical skills and empathy for developers and wish to help them.
The ideal candidate brings a software development background combined with an understanding of developer experience.
Results driven, you understand the big picture and effectively problem solve and facilitate solutions.
You display curiosity and openness that facilitates effective partnerships with external Partners and Product and Development teams.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
On offer is a competitive salary + Xero shares, a bright modern office and a collaborative, progressive environment. At Xero, we foster innovation, reward success and recognise the importance of a work-life balance.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.