- Previous commercial experience with Redux/MobX
- CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
Front End Developer
As part of our Development team you will be primarily responsible for designing and building new UI / UX framework and products and services for the Legal, Accounting, Corporate and Consumer market for our next generation global SaaS platform using industry leading, cutting edge technologies.
You are motivated and passionate about emerging technology and contributing to new and innovative ways of producing software.
Reporting to: Development Manager
Responsibilities (key tasks and requirements of the role)
- Develop new functionality and products on our existing software products
- Design code, test, install, maintain, and retrofit software programs
- Analyse code non-conformities and develop code enhancements
- Provide technical assistance and information to other team members
- Responsibility for live systems
- Create new components for our Component Library
- All other responsibilities as assigned
Competencies (essential behaviours required for the role)
- Client focus - Ensuring that the client‘s perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet client and business needs
- High Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Managing Work - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Energy - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
Job Style (types of activities/responsibilities required in the role)
- Challenging Work - Working on difficult or demanding tasks requiring substantial effort and commitment.
- Continuous Learning - Increasing knowledge and skill when circumstances call for additional learning.
- Details - Working on tasks requiring great attention to detail.
- Task Variety - Working on several different tasks or projects.
Knowledge and Experience (knowledge and experience required for the role)
- A keen eye for design detail with the ability to implement pixel perfect code
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Ability to analyse wider business and product context and make critical decisions that enable the best way forward for all stakeholders
- Ambassador for quality control. Front-end QA testing/automation of testing to ensure consistent implementation of components. Governance of FED standards.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate in small, energetic teams of a rapid, agile development schedule
- Demonstrated team work skills, including the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to manage priorities and task scheduling with minimal direction
- Strong organisation skills and high attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write concise documentation.
- Demonstrated problem solving and diagnostic skills.
Nice to haves (additional skills which are highly regarded)
- Has worked closely with designers previously, including designing in the browser
- Experience coding front end animation, specifically micro interactions and transitions
- Exposure to end to end architecture design
- Knowledge or experience working in the legal and conveyancing industry