Who we are:
Have you ever engaged an accountant or financial advisor and felt a little unsure in what you were purchasing? Practice Ignition is the world’s first client engagement and commerce platform for professional services businesses. We are on a mission to transform the way people do business together, sparking long-lasting relationships by putting businesses and their clients on the same page from the start. More clarity and less ambiguity for both sides. Win-win.
We are a high-growth, global SaaS organization with employees in Australia, US, Canada, UK, South Africa, New Zealand and the Philippines.
About the role:
Practice Ignition is scaling fast, and we’re investing in how we operate. This is a unique chance to join a fast-growing SaaS scale-up and partner with the VPs of product, design and engineering to lead the creation of smart, effective systems and processes that help us move fast, and support our growth.
This is a foundational role where you will own, lead, develop, refine and mature our product management practice at Practice Ignition. The purpose of this role is to boost the capacity and capabilities of Practice Ignition’s product teams and those they work closest with across engineering, design and go-to-market.
This role reports to the VP, Product, and is a senior-level role where you will get the autonomy and support to do high impact, meaningful work.
This role is for someone who continually thinks about the big picture, is comfortable with the complexity of modern SaaS businesses and enjoys the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment.
Practice Ignition's head office is located in Sydney, Australia and we support a flexible environment. We will consider candidates across Australia. Due to the nature of the role, if you’re not based in Sydney some regular travel to Sydney can be expected.
In this role you will:
- Own creating and implementing effective ways of working that align with our culture and values. This will involve adapting best practice so that it works in our context.
- Own designing new processes and templates from scratch that support the core functions of a product team: planning, prioritization, measurement, decision making, and communication.
- Own the product practice/craft at Practice Ignition.
- Work in partnership with the team to unearth opportunities for improvement, and be able to navigate and assess nuanced trade-offs between retaining pace and codifying how we operate.
- Run and facilitate training for the product management team to help improve and elevate their ways of working.
- Partner with the VP, Product to ensure we run an effective product organisation.
- Assess, recommend and implement product tooling as needed.
- Be a sounding board for the VPs across design, engineering and product as we scale Practice Ignition.
- Work with our Head of Data & Analytics to ensure a thoughtful and pragmatic use of data informs and enriches our product practices.
- This is a foundational role as we scale Practice Ignition and while you won’t lead people day 1, you will likely lead a small team over time as we grow.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience and background:
- A background in product management, product consulting or product coaching across multiple organisations where you’ve had experience working with a variety of product development approaches. Broad experience across a range of company sizes is welcome.
- Have a deep and nuanced understanding of multiple product development approaches and practices. You enjoy thinking strategically, at a system level. While you may have experience as an agile coach or program manager, you are not wedded to any one approach or style.
- End-to-end experience designing frameworks, tools, and processes to help product teams thrive.
- Experience in a senior-level role where you’ve managed a team, and had responsibility for hiring.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Approach and style:
- Having a coaching and learning mindset; both for yourself and the team. You’re adaptive and curious. You enjoy learning and improving.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, you’re someone who listens carefully and creates clarity through your well-developed communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making trade-offs. You’re comfortable moving forward with imperfect information.
- Be a pragmatic operator who can engage in thoughtful discussion, seek perspective across the team and then chart a clear course forward.
- Data analysis: You're able to accurately interpret engagement data, understand the takeaways and use it to inform the decisions you make.
- A sense of humour, and the ability to focus yet still have a laugh in high-pressure situations.
Why join us:
- Founder led, global SaaS organization, in hyper-growth mode and scaling fast
- We work without ego in a collaborative, open and transparent work culture
- Competitive salary and employee stock options from day 1
- 20 days accrued annual leave, along with 10 days of wellbeing days to take care of yourself and/or loved ones
- Annual education allowance to support your professional growth
- Curious and smart coworkers who won’t back down from a challenge
- Employee recognition program
- Quarterly wellness allowance to spend on your wellness and what this means to you
- Paid subscription to Headspace
- Home office reimbursement
- Personal tax return assistance - after all, we are in the accounting business!
- Paid parental leave
- An extra paid day off to celebrate your birthday, alongside volunteering leave
- Monthly virtual social events
We are better every day
We work without ego
We are smarter together
We hero our customer
Please consider applying, even if you don’t tick all the boxes. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented minority groups often only apply for roles where they meet all the detailed criteria. Experience comes in many forms, and skills are transferable. We are committed to adding diverse perspectives to our teams and encourage everyone to apply if interested.
Practice Ignition is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Practice Ignition is proud to provide employment and recruitment accommodations during the recruitment process. Once our team reviews your resume and contacts you if there is a fit, we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact [email protected]