Our Company: Faethm by Pearson is an augmented analytics platform that provides scenario-driven predictive analytics on the impact of external trends on the workforce. Our SaaS AI-driven capability is the world’s data source for navigating external impacts like AI/ robotic technologies, the evolution of work, and Covid-19 on the workforce. Our data, analytics and insights help clients evaluate the impact of these trends on any economy, industry, organisation, or job to suggest viable transition pathways for impacted employees into 'future proof' career pathways.
The role: Reporting to our Head of Software Engineering, you will work alongside Faethm’s Data Engineers to bring our research and data science to life. We run a high-concurrency, low-latency analytics environment across 7 geographic regions to serve enterprise customers all over the world. To give you a sense of our work, we recently implemented a new machine learning pipeline to extract millions of data points from job ads within a few hours.
As a Lead Data Engineer you will:
- Manage the day-to-day work of fellow Engineers in your team, and provide mentoring and coaching for their own career development.
- Drive code quality by facilitating code reviews within the team, and ensuring that our engineering practices are followed in relation to testing, security and monitoring.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to understand the product, needs of the customer and our business so that you can help shape it.
- Work alongside the Head of Software Engineering as part of the engineering leadership to make key technical decisions that will evolve our platform.
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of our overall product and systems.
- Maintain the high energy delivery focus to bring new functionality to our users and champion our Agile (Scrum) approach.
- Collaborate with other leads to evolve our practices, grow people and our platform.
Skills / Experience
- You have performed large scale data migrations, designed relational data models from scratch and can optimise SQL queries for production.
- You have experience building RESTful APIs to provide programmatic access to data, ideally by customers.
- You know how to work with data in SQL, and a language such as Python, Java or Scala.
- You have implemented or worked with a data orchestration framework like Airflow or Luigi.
- You may have exposure to natural language processing models like BERT or graph convolution networks.
- You’re experienced with modern, cloud-based architectures and APIs, and may even have worked with event driven or serverless architectures, containers and Kubernetes or automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Confident working with a range of cloud services on AWS and/or Azure.
While we have identified the initial responsibilities of the role, be prepared for this role to evolve as we grow.
Join Faethm by Pearson and you will: Work for an inventive, purpose-driven and civic-minded company with an ambitious but realisable mission and vision that tackles a very real and globally important issue. People are our secret sauce, at Faethm we pride ourselves on working hard and having fun! What are you waiting for? come and work with an amazing team of professionals, in an autonomous, agile, yet supportive, flexible and fun environment!
Faethm is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.