Software Tools Engineer
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team.
We are looking for a Software Tools Engineer to design, develop, test and maintain software tools and test systems, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Inside the Job
- Develop new data processing and visualisation tools to accelerate internal development.
- Develop new features for existing software tools, including test automation, simulation, data conversion and visualisation tools.
- Work together with other product development teams to determine where automation and custom software tool/package development can accelerate their workflows.
- Develop algorithms, packages and APIs which can be used by other internal software/algorithm development teams.
- Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues.
- Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis.
- Proven industry experience developing GUI applications in Windows and/or Linux.
- Experience with software engineering (C++ preferred).
- Experience creating data visualisations.
- Experience developing Python scripts, modules, and packages.
- Experience with build/test automation including CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using GIT or another version control tool.
- Passionate about software engineering and machine learning for autonomous systems.
- Great communication skills, oral and written.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project.
- Professional, customer-focussed attitude.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience.
- Familiarity with point cloud data and algorithms.
- Experience using Linux.
- Experience creating and configuring virtual machines and/or Docker containers.
- Dealing with big data / distributed computing.
- Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail).
- Experience with developing 3D Graphics applications.
- Experience with application development in Unity / C#.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!
Software Tools Engineer