At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Planners are an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. They analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
About this role...
- Supports the category manager and line manager by providing accurate analysis and reports. Indicate any key themes and provide basic commentary.
- Identify risks and opportunities, providing suggestions, solutions or actions.
- Understand the promotional calendar and department critical paths. Ensure any stock required for key promotions or campaigns is monitored, updating your Senior Planner of any risks or concerns
- Contribute to department trade meetings, by challenging/highlighting risk and/or opportunity.
- Understands key metrics and levers that affect KPIs. ASP, margin, etc. Manipulate these levers to drive trade
- Suggest trade actions from managing the WSSI. Manages a department WSSI with Senior Planner guidance and touchpoints
- Present trade information within department trade meetings. Highlighting risk, opportunities and suggesting action points
- You have a thorough understanding of systems, merchandising processes and tasks, with an approach of best practice.
- A proactive attitude, always looking to improve processes or bring increased efficienciencies to your work.
- Confident communicator with the ability to adapt your style depending on your audience.
- A true team player with experience mentoring or training junior team mates
- Works well under pressure and able to manage changing priorities in your workload
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of systems and processes and internal/external impacts on them
- Has an excellent understanding of retail math and Excel
- Understands how a WSSI works and how it is used to keep track of department KPIs.
- Uses the WSSI to review STD trade and identify any concerns/anomalies with the forecast by reviewing the BTA. Suggests actions to keep trade on track to achieve/ exceed KPIs
- Embodies our ICONIC Principles
Location and Key Extras
This role is usually based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.