Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded in Sydney, Australia in 2014, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers.
As Afterpay’s Senior Manager, Technical Program Management, you’ll lead change management initiatives to uplift engineering excellence across the Merchant Engineering and product organisations. You will help mentor engineers and engineering managers to bring scalability to organisational processes and to communicate changes effectively across the growing organisation. This is a highly visible role within the Engineering organisation with visibility of the CTO and senior engineering leaders.
The TPM within Money Movement Platform will be responsible for:
- Leading technical delivery of key Money Movement Platform change initiatives
- Collaborating with Money Movement teams to provide input into the roadmap through feedback from product and engineering customers
- Owning the creation of program / release plans and roadmaps
- Execute multiple Money Movement Platform change programs simultaneously
- Design and run complex processes across engineering and operational teams
- Influence product engineering decisions to align with engineering organisational objectives, such as improved operational performance
- Helping influence product and engineering managers using techniques such as a technology adoption pipeline
- Facilitate regular program status and review meetings. Ensure the right stakeholders and cross-functional team members are involved, document decisions and action items, and follow up with owners on commitments
It is anticipated the TPM will focus on the following initiatives in FY22:
- Ramp up and become the subject matter expert within Money Movement Platform
- Lead the delivery planning coordination and testing for features in our core product and settlement services.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to build out the tech strategy of our settlement systems
Who are you?
- Significant experience in related technology roles, with at least five years partnering with software and product teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders and teams across the engineering organisation.
- A passion for building culture and uniting people to deliver a common goal.
- An ability to be an effective communicator who is able to tailor communication for engineers and senior management.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail when it counts.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to handle high-priority projects in a dynamic environment.
- Highly collaborative and responsive, with the ability to find pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- An excellent judgment for what are the most important tasks and actions that can move the needle on complex organisational objectives.
- Have experience in working in complex software environments and be able to learn about new technical domains, as required.
How we reward you
We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one.