As a global fintech company, Openpay are defining the next generation of payments. We believe people and businesses should have freedom and flexibility in how they pay with no hidden catches.
In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission. As an established Australian business, we’re continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the world Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our Marketing Team nailed that one!) This Amberfication is led by in-store, mobile app and on-line payments.
About the opportunity: The ICT Analyst Programmer is responsible for mitigating account creation, account takeover and transactional fraud types, specific to BNPL sector, by providing ongoing analysis and regular reporting as well as actionable insight to drive down losses. This position plays a pivotal role in our ability to minimize loss and increase profitability. (salary range $75-85K)
• Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures, and methods
• Testing, debugging, diagnosing, and correcting errors and faults in programs and scripts currently in use
• Writing and maintaining programs / scripts to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality standards
• Writing, updating and maintaining end user documentation and operational procedures
• Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costing for recommending software purchases and upgrades
The bit about you:
• Master’s degree in Data Science is required.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in BNPL sector with 2+ years of analytical and data mining experience in Fraud / Credit
• Experience in product and system testing
• Working knowledge of the following statistical software packages: SAS/SQL, Python or R
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
The Team you'll be joining:
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever changing team.
Being part of a growing Fintech means you’ll need to be self-starter with high energy, motivation and focus on achieving targets. You’ll crave the unknown and be excited by the opportunity to challenge yourself every day. As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciate and support each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Short-listed candidates will be advised by telephone. Please note, due to the requirements of this role, candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.