At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Finance team applies broad knowledge and experience to support our truly unique and innovative business. The team is curious to ensure the business is supported in commercial thinking, translate complex data into actionable insights, identify and mitigate risks related to leading tech product launches. Partnering with all ICONIC teams to keep our ideas and innovation projects on track, manage financial performance and budgetary requirements.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role’s primary focus will be on building streamlined processes that are supported by our systems and scalable for the future. In addition to developing processes and driving business improvements, you will lead our Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable and Payroll teams.
- Oversee and manage the monthly, quarterly, and year-end processes including overall responsibility for general ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Review and analyse the financial and management reports, ensuring accuracy and timely submission to our Executive Team and Group office, with clear insights into performance, and risks and opportunities, while driving an insights-to-action culture across the Team
- Maintain a strong control environment within Finance through the design and development of appropriate policies, practices and procedures.
- Drive process improvement throughout the Finance function
- Facilitation and coordination of the external audit procedures on behalf of Finance, and developing the plans to address and resolve all key audit risks and concerns .
- Coaching and developing your team to drive performance, engagement and empowerment with accountability.
- Partner with the Finance Leadership Team to build a highly engaged and ‘best in class’ Finance function, driving scalability and sustainable growth alongside other business departments & teams
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified CA/CPA accountant with industry experience, ideally in retail, distribution, wholesale or consumer based industries. You will also need to demonstrate:
- Strong business acumen, technical accounting skills, commercial awareness and influencing abilities as demonstrated through strong stakeholder partnering to drive action and real outcomes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues, suppliers, customers and professional services firms
- Excellent communicator with strong, clear, concise written and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- You are a problem solver with the ability to understand data sources and make data-based decisions
- Exceptional organisational ability, managing multiple priorities and adhering to strict internal and external deadlines
- Sound financial skills and the ability to organise and manage multiple teams for optimum efficiency
- You are a natural and passionate people leader and coach and are able to see the potential in people
- Experience with medium to large ERP systems including process and system enhancements to utilise system functionality and increase automation
- Strong ethical and professional values
- Ability to operate in diverse cultural environments
Location and Key Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.