- Start-up backed by Tier 1 Venture Capital firms in the US and ANZ
- From Level 1& 2 Support upskill toward Level 3 and Project Delivery
- Fun and inclusive culture, Finalist of People's Choice Award 2021
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
The Global Logistics Manager will be responsible for developing and executing a domestic and international transportations and logistics plan to support our current and future supply chain requirements.
Your knowledge and expertise will support the organizational and customer needs to ensure cost efficient and timely delivery of product. You will have experience in creating, coordinating, and managing domestic/international supply chains relative to warehousing and transportation.
This function is integral in developing logistics framework to support high volume manufacturing. You will need to influence and engage cross-functional teams, meet deadlines, and clear potential roadblocks.
The role reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager in our Advanced Manufacturing Team.
It will be achieved through the following:
Strategy Development and Execution
- Building a strong network of international carriers and service providers
- Developing and successfully implementing a short-, medium- and long-term strategic plan that aligns with Baraja’s planned growth and international footprint.
- Working with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Centralizing and optimizing the execution of onsite services within the logistics department
- Developing a logistics partner scorecard to continually assess the success and service level of partners.
- Selecting carriers and negotiating rates and services
- Developing reporting, metrics, and data analytics
- Creating policies and procedures
- Developing suppliers and performance improvement plans
Your Skills & Experience
You have a demonstrated experience in logistics and transportation with the following skills:
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic role with ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- High level of creative thinking and collaboration
- Well organized and detail oriented
- 5+ years of global logistics experience
- Strong verbal/presentation skills
- Solid understanding of warehouse and transportation operations with international experience
Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine- It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance- Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan)
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Wellness Allowance
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Nany Care Service
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The recognition we gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!