Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
The Inventory Controller is the owner of all financial inventory controls and processes at Koala. From reviewing the item receipts and billing, through to cost of sales recognition and stock on hand verification, the Inventory Controller is a critical link between Supply Chain and Finance to ensure that our financial systems can report accurate and timely data to the business for decision making.
Koala is looking for an Inventory Controller who is a challenger, to look at our existing processes globally and introduce best practice systems, automation and efficiencies.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Oversee inventory financial management in accordance with company guidelines
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and accuracy of inventory on hand and cost of goods sold
- Ownership of cost of goods recognition in line with company accounting policy
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount and value of items are recorded in stock accurately in the general ledger
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform supply chain and quality control
- Generate financial inventory reports including product profitability; review reports monthly with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare intercompany invoicing for Koala Group entities
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide a highly accountable level of customer service to all stakeholders
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a similar role within a fast past everchanging environment
- Previous cost accounting or inventory control experience in a fmcg, e-commerce, manufacturing or retail industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-finance staff, including supply chain, logistics and warehouse
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate about the details and desire to simplify processes for efficiency and automation
- Self-motivated and forward thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software including Excel/GSheet and other production/costing software and ERP systems (Netsuite experience a bonus)
- Relevant Accounting/Business or Finance degree is advantageous
- Currently studying for or completed CPA or CA is desirable
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.