Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Senior Group Accountant is accountable for maintaining our Company’s financial health.The role will supervise core financial tasks across the business and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially to deliver the Prezzee vision. This is a hybrid role with 4 days a week (Mon-Thurs) based in our Sydney office.
The Role You’ll Play:
- Support the financial control and accounting function for the Group
- Month end reporting and review of the group accounts, including working with the international teams in the US and UK.
- Review the Group’s balance sheet reconciliations and make sure any variances are investigated and rectified.
- Assist with the preparation of the Group annual statutory financial reports, including working with our external auditors.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of Group reporting materials to the Board.
- Act as a centre of excellence for technical accounting matters across the group.
- Providing financial advice, assistance and guidance to business units and regional teams.
- Identifying and driving improvements to financial reporting processes, reporting, controls and adherence to Group policies.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information.
- Highlight and recommend cost-reduction solutions as identified.
- Ad-hoc project work as required
What are we looking for?
- Experience as an accountant in a service focused environment.
- Fully qualified CPA or CA.
- Experience working with US GAAP accounting is highly desired
- In-depth understanding of AASB/IFRS standards and financial accounting procedures.
- Hands-on experience with statutory and consolidated reporting, and month-end/year-end close processes.
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Experience working in organisations with a group structure is ideal.
- Payments experience in an international company would be an additional bonus
- Exceptional Communicator with a collaborative style and engaging approach
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Detail oriented with strong attention to detail
- Managing ambiguity and complexity in a cross-functional/hybrid environment.
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPIs.
- Employee referral program and staff discounts
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe
- Self led online learning with Litmos and Linkedin Learnings, industry specific learning opportunities and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Be an advocate or ally and create connection and belonging in our employee Resource Groups such as EmpowHer and Pride
- Global Value Ambassador Program creating value inspired initiatives for our Prezzee People
- Telus Wellbeing platform to support your mental, social, financial and physical wellbeing
The Prezzee Story
Prezzee is a global digital gifting platform that creates human connections through remarkable gifting moments. We create leading digital gift solutions for consumers, businesses and 1000+ brand partners across the world. Founded in 2014, Prezzee has evolved from a two person Australian start-up to a global business with teams and operations in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Oh, and if you're wondering about our culture?
Whilst our growth is compelling, we know it’s our people and culture that set us apart, and we're equally proud of being recognised in Australia & New Zealand and in the UK as a 2022 & 2023 Great Place to Work®, as well named Foundry's Computerworld 2024 Best Places to Work in IT.
At Prezzee, every team member plays an important role in the business, leaving a unique footprint on Prezzee’s journey. Our team may be spread out across multiple time zones, but our core values remain the same no matter where you are in the world. As a future employee of Prezzee, you're signing up to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most importantly, always give a damn
Prezzee is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is the key to building the best products for our customers, team culture and growing our global business. Our diversity mission is for our people to be their most authentic selves, to inspire, innovate and celebrate within a culture of belonging. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We are looking for people to help create human connections, make magic and shape the future of gifting so even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application and recruitment process, We also encourage you to let us know of your pronouns at any point of the process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.