We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are using technology and data to give value - and power - back to the consumer. When it comes to money, every decision counts. From what you borrow, and when you pay it back. To where you invest it, and how you make it go further.
We’re on a mission to help everyone to make the right choices — about the choices that count.
The ambition is huge and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That's where you come in.
Who are we?
Australia's best technology-led consumer lending and investing platform. We are on a mission to challenge the status quo of lending institutions because financial services should be more rewarding for all Australians. This commitment shows in our results including: Reaching $850 million in lending; Over 70,000 investors/borrowers; Over 100 employees.
About the role
• Help us organize our data and expose it to business users: using the right tools for the job, you will wrangle our (extensive) data into cohesive, well structured datasets that can be exposed to business users to help them monitor performance and answer questions
• Help us understand Plenti and our customers:working with our risk/commercial/product/marketing teams, you will design, build and automate a range of reports, dashboards and experiments to drive visibility into business performance and generate actionable recommendations
• Identify and solve problems to drive growth: leveraging the various datasets across our business, you will conduct in-depth analysis to reveal and communicate insights that drive growth
• Lead us to a more data-driven culture:across our business, you will champion a data-driven approach to decision making and growth
A typical day might include
• Analysing data to improve the performance and accuracy of our credit risk models, and the efficiency of our proprietary credit decision engine
• Measuring and improving the strategy and performance of our digital marketing campaigns
• Driving growth in lending by analysing customer and product data to identify growth opportunities
• As required, solving ad hoc business problems across product, sales and operations
• A grounding in mathematics/statistics and a bachelor’s degree in a STEM area is preferred (but not required)
• Strong competency with SQL
• Experience wrangling disparate data sources into understandable, useful datasets that can be accessed and used by business users via common tools
• Experience working with products and product/marketing teams would be a big plus – optimising funnels, developing relevant metrics, measuring ongoing OKRs, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
Tools you will use
Data sources: SQL Server, Redshift, S3
Tools and languages: SQL, PowerBI, Python/R, Heap, Google Analytics, Excel, etc
What's life like at Plenti?
• We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn't matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
• Life and your career at Plenti is what you make it - We're growing very quickly with a focus on scalability which means we love to emphasise working smarter, not harder. For our team, there are Plenti of career opportunities to match your own plan for growth - grab them and run.
• A phenomenal group of driven and intelligent colleagues
• A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
• Flexible working arrangements
• Monthly company events
• Employee Assistance Program
• Playstation tournaments
• Snacks (some healthy, most not) + cake days
• Sometimes we even head out and race boats against one another!
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they're doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
What you do today can transform your tomorrow.
Make it count.