Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create your home assistant, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
Our mission is to take care of homes and the people in them. We’re starting with rebuilding property management by taking care of investment property homes for Australian owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley, Mina was the global Head of Product at Uber and Ruwin a Director at Softbank. Our entire leadership team has deep experience and networks in the technology space, hailing from companies such as Bain, Expedia, Google, Siteminder, SyscoLabs and more.
We’ve raised multiple rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into other global markets.
Design at :Different
We are due to scale rapidly in the coming months - as a Tech company our Design, Product and Engineering Teams are at the forefront of what we do. We design and build all of our own technology, so we can align it to the ideal operational processes to create a great service for our customers.
We’re a growing team, focused on making our products beautiful, intuitive and most importantly: useful. Our products are both consumer and internal facing so we’re constantly facing diverse design challenges.
In the last 6 months our Design Team has:
- Launched and redesigned 3 apps
- Rebuilt and redesigned our design system for mobile and desktop
- Redesigned and created over 12 features including leasing tech which is in the running for an innovation award
- Helped create a voice of the customer system and how user research gets integrated into the product design process
We are open to talking to people with a wide range of Design experience (Entry-level - Design Lead). What we really look for in our Design Team is:
- Experience designing web and mobile products
- Passionate about working with cross-functional teams to ship product
- Digs into the why and uncovers the true problem and connects it back to customer needs
- and business goals
- Comfortable using Figma, design libraries, & working with a design system
- Are customer-focused and comfortable conducting user research and testing your design solutions
- Able to present your designs and the consideration behind those design decisions
- Strong communication skills
- Use data and real information to drive your design decisions
- Ask lots of questions and aren’t afraid to ask “why?” or “why not?”
- Ready to give and receive feedback kindly and honestly
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early employee, there’s lots of opportunities to grow professionally
- A chance to work on a unique, real-world problem space collaborating with Product, Engineering and Operations
- A generous salary, bonus and equity package
- Flexible working hours from our casual offices
- Mentorship from our Head of Design, VP, Product and Design (and our other amazing leaders!), and the opportunity to learn new skills in a safe and supportive environment
Other things of note
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.