This role has arisen owing to the growth of the business in Australia and the need to have a dedicated resource to focus on Accounts Payable processing and reporting. The role will be primarily focused on Australia and New Zealand, however a secondary focus on other international regions can also fall into scope.
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data to maintain and update supplier information
- Processing of vendor and contractor invoices and obtaining goods and services from suppliers
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Carrying out reconciliations and reporting for credit card activity and statements
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Handling and resolving AP queries and discrepancies in a timely manner
- Verifying expense reports and preparing pay reimbursements
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports including assistance to cash flow
- Assisting senior finance members with accounts payable reviews
- Assisting in FBT calculations and annual filing requirements
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Imperative that the AP Officer has great attentiveness to detail
- Well organised, can multi-task and is very deadline focused
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain payment and processing related delays and issues to all employee levels (including senior management)
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Given the position is exposed to some confidential information a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Strive to improve the payment process
Nice to have:
- Exposure to large ERP systems
- Involvement in process improvement initiatives
- Exposure to either ASX or NYSE listed entity reporting and payment processes
- Understands how a well-managed Accounts Payable function operates and looking to be the sole person responsible for AP
- Business/finance degree or studying towards one with a view to being promoted to an accounting role in future
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.