We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our Customer Data Platform (CDP) group. This CDP group is critical for the successful integration to and from our customer’s data platforms and is a key component of Rokt’s data driven value.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem solving and leadership skills to work together with engineers, product and business to prioritise and execute on new features. You will ensure that while continuing to move forward with our product we are maintaining the stability and reliability of our systems for our customers.
As a leader you will strive to motivate your team in a positive and sustainable way, ensuring that we are celebrating our successes while continuing to learn and improve. You should be keen to see measurable improvements to the product and the value we deliver to our customers.
- Contributing to the collaborative development processes within the team and organisation from across both product and technical domains.
- Identifying and proposing improvements to the current system architecture that emphasise reliability and scalability.
- Working with the product and engineering teams to produce development plans and see through to delivery and success.
- Growing and mentoring the team, ensuring continuity and ongoing career development for the team and the members within it.
- Strong complex system architecture design experience and understanding; space/time complexity, API contract design and stewardship, AWS cloud based infrastructure.
- Polyglot engineer: Golang, Python, Java, Clojure are of especial interest
- Learn quickly: demonstrated ability to quickly understand and absorb new information. Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work.
- Analytical skills: able to process both qualitative and quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Leadership: organise and motivate engineering contributors, work with the product team to schedule in an efficient and productive manner, understanding business logic and be able to translate into appropriate technical solutions
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.