At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports, home and beauty.
What you’ll love about this role…
As the Sourcing Manager (Fabric Development) your role will be to drive the success and oversee and proactively manage existing overseas suppliers with a focus on more sustainable materials for the factory to produce our ranges. To support you in this exciting journey, you will partner with a great team and also have global support of our parent company who work alongside THE ICONIC to systemise standards and protocols.
No one day is the same at THE ICONIC and especially in sourcing. We are an extremely busy team and hold cross functional relationships with all parts of the business, requiring us to manage various and competing priorities. This can lead to a fast paced environment but we’re up for the challenge and we would not have it any other way!
- Analyzing product data to forecast volume of materials required
- Sourcing the highest quality materials with a focus on more sustainable materials for the factory to produce the ranges
- Work closely with Buying, Planning and Production to anticipate future fabric technologies and trends. Develop capabilities with existing factories.
- Identify and establish key fabric trends for the upcoming season covering woven and jersey fabric for the products
- Researching the materials required and sourcing the best suppliers to deliver
- Focus on Margin improvement and fabric consolidation across core ranges.
- Negotiate and confirm Fabric F.O.B pricing on a timely basis that meet or exceed IMU goals
- Build Mill / Fabric agent relationships to develop capabilities aligned with the requirements to deliver quality products in a timely, consistent manner.
- Manage colour & fabric process from Design through to Supply Chain supporting Design, Buying & Technical Teams.
- Actively source and manage the fabric supply base and expand the respective network in China and overseas countries.
- Drive strategic seasonal cross costing projects on core programs
- Actively manage fabric sourcing critical path
- Manage lab dips and strike off process
- Previous experience in negotiating and managing overseas suppliers and factories
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a Supplier & Product Sourcing & Negotiation role
- Good level of technical expertise in woven & jersey fabrics.
- Strong trend focus and a keen sense of fashion and the ability to interpret fabric trends.
- Apparel design and development process knowledge essential.
- Understanding of textile processes - spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing. Working directly with mills, agents and manufacturers.
- Understanding of print techniques, cost & capabilities.
- Fabric sourcing network both in China and overseas countries.
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and learning tools
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our AMAZING staff discount and our famous sample sales!
- Hybrid working environment so you can manage your location across the office and wherever else works for you
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.