Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China, and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer for advanced electronics engineering and development of LiDAR products through concept, design, release, verification, debugging and manufacture.
Inside the Job
- Develop electronic circuits to obtain high level performance from electronic components.
- Design, review, and release to manufacture high quality industrial-grade PCBAs for automotive product releases.
- Test product PCBAs and modules to the designed specification.
- Support regulatory compliance test effort.
- Produce and review effort estimates for project work.
- Assist with developing team quality standards.
- Assist with sustenance of electronics laboratory equipment and consumables.
- Support other teams with debugging electronics failures, developing products and using test equipment.
- Mentor graduate engineers in good engineering and professional practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in product development and delivery in automotive or other highly regulated industry.
- Tertiary education in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
- Analog, digital, high-speed, precision, power, electronics design, and development.
- Selecting and using high-speed and precision test equipment.
- Debugging complex multi-point failures in PCBAs.
- Scripting experience, preferably Python.
- Altium library management, schematic, layout, DRC, stack-up, release management, at least 2 full projects.
- Excellent initiative, organisation, teamwork and communication skills.
- Supplier management and technical assistance for industrial PCBA manufacture and assembly.
- Product manufacture and assembly in a quality-controlled high-volume production environment.
- Completion of electrical safety regulatory compliance for an industrial product
- Interfacing and using optical components and test equipment.
- Knowledge and observation of electronics aspects of products and trends in the international AVs and EVs.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided.
- Wellness budget.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!