Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
Due to our continued success, we're proudly growing our Product team. We're on the lookout for a Graduate Product Owner to join us on a full-time permanent basis, to support our existing team in solving customer problems and delivering an exceptional product experience.
This is an entry-level position where ongoing support and mentorship will be provided. You'll learn from a smart and ambitious team of passionate Product people!
As a Graduate Product Owner, you'll be:
- Triaging and solving all support issues escalated to the product teams. This includes the recreation of the issue, proposing solutions and validating with Product leaders of the product line you’re working on.
- Designing product solutions to customer problems using product management fundamentals, including but not limited to:
> Working closely with your squad (team of devs) to develop and deploy your work.
> Product Requirements Documents (PRDs).
> Go To Market (GTM): informing internal teams on how to sell, support or promote your enhancements and new features.
> UX research: competitive analysis, customer interviews, customer surveys.
> UX design: wire-framing, low-fidelity prototyping, use of design systems.
> User story mapping.
What you will bring
- Recent graduate with a degree in a relevant field (Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Design)
- You're customer-centric
- You're adaptive and efficient
- You're a passionate problem-solver and take pride in your solutions
- Eager to learn and forge a successful career in product development
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We’ve got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our AU heroes:
“Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
Upon applying, you can anticipate a thorough review of your application, followed by an engaging interview process. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to meet with relevant stakeholders, gaining valuable insights into the organisation and the role.
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.