Book an artist (http://bookanartist.co/) is a platform that connects people with street and mural artists to create custom artwork. Our mission at Book an artist is to empower artists to realize their full potential & stay independent. We help people transform their space with trust & confidence.
Book an artist is currently live in the UK and Australia. We represent over 60 artists and have helped big brands such as Netflix, Jimmy Choo, WeWork, Mercedes Benz and One Direction as well as small businesses, homeowners, and restaurants.
We are looking for an energetic full-stack developer who can guide the IT and product side of the business. This is a crucial and an integral role within our business. You will be leading a growing team of 2 full time developers in India and working alongside the founder. You will be responsible for defining and implementing best practices within the development team to build our product in a scalable way. As the business grows, the role has a potential to become CTO.
The role can be a part time or full time depending on the candidate and is in Melbourne.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- 3-4 years of full-time experience.
- Good analytical skills for solution design, software build and problem resolution.
- Experience with NodeJS and a comprehensive understanding of Async programming.
- Working knowledge of ReactJS, HTML and CSS is a must.
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL is required.
- A problem solver who loves to learn.
- Experience in previous marketplace environment (bonus points!)
- Work experience implementing and following development best practices such as test-drive development, continuous integration, Agile, refactoring and code standards.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle is a must.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD is preferred.
- Experience with any software development methodology is a plus.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Excited to lead a team, including code reviews, design new features, collaborate with stakeholders, mentor junior developers.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Follow best practices.
- Design robust, scalable, and secure features.
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design.
- Drive innovation within the product.