About the job
We believe that businesses of all sizes deserve better financial and payment products and services.
Australian businesses are amazingly entrepreneurial, driven and passionate, yet when they seek important products from local financial services companies, they are let down by slow applications, protracted onboarding, opaque pricing, restrictive contracts and forced to use outdated solutions that no longer meet the innovative requirements of a modern business.
Our company, backed by leading VCs, is a collective of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and the way Australian businesses get paid by their customers. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development we are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
We’re searching for an Account Executive to be the founding member of Zeller’s Sales team. We’ll challenge you to bring your hands-on approach, creative problem solving skills, natural business-development and commercial acumen, self-starter experience and competitive fire to help us be a partner and advocate to Australian SMEs.
Being a Zeller Account Executive means you’ll be a brand ambassador, a product specialist, and a problem solver. You’ll spend your time proactively connecting with and prospecting to small to medium sized businesses who are the right fit for Zeller’s industry-leading business banking offering. You’ll build a deep understanding of their pain points and requirements, then formulate the right solution to meet their needs. Your insight and deep Zeller product knowledge will help to educate and support our customers, and ensure we can help them succeed. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes — from family-run businesses, to multi-location chains, to large-scale events, and more. Every day will be different, and you’ll thrive on variety and different challenges.
As Australia’s most exciting new fintech with so much runway ahead of us, joining Zeller’s Sales team in our embryonic stages means helping to formulate our process and sales roadmap from day one. You will roll-up your sleeves and establish our first pipeline, help launch our systems and define our processes that help us grow.
To be successful in this role you must be a motivated self-starter who is not afraid of ambiguity or developing process and procedure while executing in parallel. This role is an opportunity for you to be hands-on in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment. If you’re successful, there will be opportunities for career development within a rapidly growing business.
- Connect with Australian SME decision makers via email, phone, face-to-face, and more to establish trust and build a strong relationship
- Build, manage and create your own pipeline daily with meticulous hygiene to win new business and close new opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle including planning, cold calling, qualifying, obtaining and closing new business opportunities to achieve and exceed your personal targets
- Translate complex customer requirements into a succinct, simple and beautiful solution
- Deliver an outstanding first impression for Zeller’s customers by using storytelling, case studies, pitch decks and industry news to inspire them about how we are the right partner for their business
- Represent Zeller and our products nationally as brand advocates and ambassadors
- Develop commercially sound proposals and deal structures across a variety of customer use cases and verticals
- Maintain accurate sales data, pipeline hygiene, deal status and documentation using a variety of tools (e.g. Hubspot)
- Stay up-to-date with SME, technology, payments, competitor and business trends that are relevant to your customers
- Collaborate with your Zeller team members across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Operations to relay customer feedback
- 3 - 5+ years of hands-on experience in a sales position with proven ability to achieve your quarterly goals
- A genuine curiosity and passion about people and their business that will enable you to inspire and share their stories with others
- A strong commercial mindset and demonstrated ability to successfully manage and grow revenue
- Tertiary education, or a track record of relevant experience that proves it wasn’t needed
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target customers, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes, qualifying, creating value-based demonstrations, selling complex solutions, writing proposals, objection handling and negotiating
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently or at a distance from your team
- A rare competitive fire and desire to win
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative work style
- Excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills
- Agile, ambitious, and motivated to be the best at everything you do
- Experience in B2B sales, particularly with exposure to small to medium sized businesses
- Experience working in the payments, SaaS or fintech industry
What’s in it for you
- Be part of something big from the outset
- Watch your work be put up in lights
- A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- A package which includes equity from an early stage
- Join a rapidly growing sales team in its early stages with opportunities to grow and develop your career wherever your passions and skills take you