Bring your analytical thinking and problem solving skills to lead the acquisition efforts of our marketing team. You will own and manage a rapidly growing 7-figure budget and guide our growing in house creative team to maximise the return of our advertising investment. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be numerate by nature and deeply understand the role creative and messaging plays in effective marketing.
Spriggy is transforming from a standalone pocket money product with >700,000 members to a platform helping Aussie families with School payments and Investments. We’ll continue to scale our product offering and you’ll be leading the charge on our efforts to scale member growth with advertising and other key acquisition initiatives.
We’ll be honest, this isn’t an easy job. We’ve got a lot of problems to solve and we need someone who is skilled enough to take the lead of acquisition as we look to scale our loved products into the millions and become Australia’s next unicorn.
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 700,000 members join. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
We’re looking for someone who is an expert in digital channels, building high converting funnels, advanced forms of media attribution and media buying across a portfolio of channels. You should feel comfortable navigating media allocation of a large scaling budget and a growing marketing team. Your relationship with our Creative Director and marketing team will be pivotal to being successful in this role.
Key skills and traits to succeed in this role:
- Able to take a holistic view of the business and the role of marketing in P&L.
- Able to formulate novel initiatives and investments to drive revenue growth with $CAC bounds.
- Able to make trade-offs and build an acquisition strategy to grow Spriggy’s revenue.
- A detailed understanding of how ad delivery works in key digital channels.
- Can speak to “right message, right time, right place” with a first principle based approach.
- A detailed understanding of how to test novel creative approaches in key digital channels.
- Can speak to conversion rate optimisation on web assets with a first principle based approach.
- A detailed understanding of channel based attribution and alternate measures such as conversion lift or media mix modeling.
- You’re confident navigating data and mapping them to actions in media buying and creative.
- You’re confident in providing a feedback loop to creative team members and co-creating artifacts such as storyboards.
- You know when to ask for help. We don’t expect you to know everything. If more copywriting, higher creative cadence or a channel specialist is what we need, you get it done.
- You’re an experienced manager and leader of people.
Prior experience we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience formulating channel strategy and motivating budgets at a leadership level.
- Extensive experience scaling 7-figure campaigns across multiple channels with $CAC constraints.
- Extensive experience working with creative teams advertising multiple audiences, products or services.
- Experience managing campaigns across other channels such as TV, PR, radio or media buying for awareness focused based campaigns.
- Experience managing web-based CRO experiments and their prioritisation.
In the first 6 months you will have:
- Work closely with the existing team to get enough context and be accountable for acquisition strategy.
- Based on existing beliefs and roadmaps, formulate budgets and model how different investments in your strategy equate to revenue and member growth.
- Build a relationship with key leaders at Spriggy and with our marketing team.
- Accountability for all of Spriggy's acquisition efforts to Spriggy Pocket Money, with expanding responsibility as we ship new products.
- Have shipped numerous conversion rate optimisation improvements within our core Pocket Money funnel.
- Developed a great working relationship with Spriggy’s in-house creative and marketing team.
- Have extended Spriggy’s product channel fit to effectively improve our rate of customer acquisition.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorn alongside an exceptional team
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy products and business
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose
- A flexible workplace environment