Who we are!
Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention.
Watch this - What we do
Your (awesome) team and role!
This Customer Solutions Engineer position sits within our Premonition function.
The Customer Solutions Engineer is a technology specialist who works closely with our sales team and prospective customers. Viewed as a trusted advisor and technical subject matter expert, the Customer Solutions Engineer elicits and translates client needs into technical requirements, from conception to delivery. This is achieved through a unique flair for commercially focused, pre-sales conversations, to detailed engineering concept and design. In short, your role is to bridge the customers’ world and work out how we enhance it. You drive operational excellence while being a champion of our values and behaviours.
The Customer Solutions Engineer plays a key role in the client-facing pre-sales process and subsequent implementation, design and articulate product-driven customer solutions. The Customer Solutions Engineer will work closely with the Sales and Engineering teams to meet sales targets and promote Premonition products.
Please note we can consider candidates across Sydney or Melbourne for this role.
Day to day!
* Lead pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, and architectural guidance.
* Actively assist the Sales teams in pre-sales engineering responsibilities.
* Provide advanced technical support and advice to others throughout the engagement including contributions to proposal writing, solution design and other pre-sales activities.
* Develop a high-level solution design and lead the delivery of the future state solution for our customers.
* Develop and deliver client and internal technical presentations.
* Work with organisations to understand their challenges and goals through focused discovery sessions and workshops.
* As subject matter expert, work closely with customers to understand, elicit and work out how to enhance their future needs (requirements, objectives, ambitions, vision) throughout the lifecycle of a client project.
* Work with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive solutions.
Our ideal Shippster - You!
* 3+ years’ experience working as a technical resource, on mid to large solution delivery projects – experience using Python is highly regarded.
* Experience with working with clients directly to understand their requirements and converting these into a technical path forward.
* Thorough understanding of project management lifecycles, disciplines, and procedures.
* Strong understanding of business implementation processes – experience in SaaS, specifically logistics is highly regarded.
Life at Shippit, the good stuff!
We have so much to offer at Shippit, it’s almost too hard to list it all in a job ad, so here is what we believe you’ll love:
* CBD office location - state-of-the-art office with all the facilities/ tools you need to get the job done
* Hybrid/ Flexible working - choose whether you want to come into the office or work from home
* Our business is yours - be rewarded with a generous Employee Share Option Plan
* Get fit - we contribute to your gym membership
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Let’s grow together - ongoing professional and personal development opportunities provided
* We love to eat - let us treat you to a delicious lunch once a week, we’re talking trimmings and all. Oh and our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience
* Family Friendly - we promote a sustainable balance in one's identity as a Shippster AND a parent – so enjoy an improved parental leave policy
* Wellbeing & Mental Health - all newbies start on Wednesday for a shorter first week, allowing time to reflect and rest
… AND MORE!!
Culture Culture Culture!
You’ll be joining a high-performance culture at Shippit, where everyone can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
The team behind Shippit come from diverse backgrounds, but all embody the core values that make our business unique. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #9 in LinkedIn’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2021. It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things!
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
We are one!
Shippit promotes and supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company. It is our belief that creating a work environment that enables us to attract, retain, and fully engage diverse talent leads to enhanced innovation and creativity in our products and services. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage everyone to apply and please reach out if you require any accommodations or assistance along the way.
In a forever changing automated world, we’re still human at Shippit and we love to chat, so if you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Adrian Markovski on 0420 650 354.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.