Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
The focus of the Web design team is to improve the Xero user experience, the product and the platform by producing interactive designs for Xero’s online accounting service and its associated service delivery systems. The interaction designs define the interface architecture, workflow and visual design of these software applications.
You will achieve this by effectively collaborating with the Product People Portfolio and the wider team, customers and partners to successfully understand user needs and business objectives.
About the role
As Xero's next Web Designer you will...
● Lead the development of concepts and solutions that improve the Xero user experience, the product, and the platform
● Address user needs in a holistic way, taking into account the total user experience across the platform and considering the broader user workflow
● Produce and share design prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – design prototypes need to show both the interaction flow and visual design solution
● Collaborate with the product development and other related teams to set expectations for project scope and delivery timeframes
● Collaborate with the wider team to communicate and refine the solution, reducing it down to a solution that solves the problem in the most meaningful and elegant way which can be built and released within an urgent timeframe
● Collaborate with the design and product development teams to ensure project delivery meets deadlines and quality standards
● Collaborate with the wider design team to implement and improve design patterns, when needed invent new design patterns
● Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and pleasant user experience
● Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help communicate the benefits and advantages of the solutions you create
● Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials (website, videos, ads, presentations, training)
We are on the look out for someone who is able to work closely with technical and non-technical users in parallel. while also being innovative and a positive team player. In our ever changing environment it will be great if you are a fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments.
Ideally you will bring with you a relevant Bachelor Degree qualification, 5+ years experience in a Creative Web Design or similar position and experience with accounting software would be an advantage
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.