Who We Are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16+ markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class ecommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the Transaction Moment™ for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
About the role
The optimization team is responsible for the research and development of the machine learning services that are used across the Rokt network. Our mission is to craft machine learning and optimization algorithms to deliver the most relevant user experience for each customer and increase value for every partner at Rokt.
As a senior machine learning engineer, you are someone who has significant expertise in both machine learning and software engineering. You will be working with our engineering and product teams to design, build and productionize proprietary machine learning models to solve different business challenges including smart bidding, lookalike modeling, forecasting, and etc.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other engineers to understand business priorities, frame machine learning problems, architect machine learning solutions.
- Build and productionize machine learning models including data preparation/processing pipelines, machine learning orchestrations, improvements of services performance and reliability and etc.
- Contribute and maintain the high quality of code base with tests that provide a high level of functional coverage as well as non-functional aspects with load testing, unit testing, integration testing, etc.
- Keep track of emerging tech and trends, research the state-of-art deep learning models, prototype new modeling ideas, and conduct offline and online experiments.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Mentor other team members, facilitate within/across team workshops and lead the agile development.
Capabilities & requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in building production-grade machine learning systems with all aspects of model training, tuning, deploying, serving and monitoring.
- 6+ years of industry experience in software engineering roles and development experience in Python, SQL, Go, and/or other programming languages.
- Strong understanding in software engineering, system design, data engineering and/or cloud architecture.
- Knowledge in at least one of following areas - Bayesian methods, Econometrics, Reinforcement learning, Gradient boosting machine, Natural language processing, Computer vision, etc.
- Be motivated, self-driven in a fast (we truly mean fast) paced environment with a proven track record demonstrating impact across several teams and/or organizations.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders and manage tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience in DevOps, MLOps and SRE is a massive plus.
- Experience of Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TFX and Feature Store in a production environment is a massive plus.
- Force for Good. We actively invest in the growth of our people and strengthening of our communities. Our NY Office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. This includes all Rokt’stars, clients, contractors, vendors and suppliers who will be onsite at the Rokt New York Office.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC Office is dog friendly!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.