We believe customer obsession builds the best products, so our mission is to ‘enable product teams to make better decisions through the power of customer understanding’. We think what we’re building is an exciting, brand new category of software. Our product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to thousands of customers like Figma, VMware, Shopify, BCG, GitLab, Porsche, Canva, and more.
As we experience unprecedented growth we're now looking for a legal astute person to join our small but growing BizOps team. You'll play an important role in driving high-impact company-wide projects, many of which will have a heavier legal focus. You'll work across a diverse range of areas critical to our business including privacy regulation, commercial agreements, office expansion, capital raises, and more. This is an exciting individual contributor role for a person from a legal background excited by the opportunity to join an early-stage startup and have impact in a generalist capacity across the business.
What you'll do
- Drive forward high-impact company-wide projects. We push forward a myriad of company-wide initiatives such as office expansions, capital raises, intellectual property management, and international expansion. We'll look to you to manage relationships with key external legal advisors, scope projects, collaborate across the company and see projects through to completion. You'll help shape these projects and support with due diligence, legal reviews, and transactional execution.
- Counsel and advise on commercial agreements. You'll partner with our Revenue team and external legal counsel to draft, negotiate and manage a variety of commercial contracts, including sales agreements and third-party vendor contracts.
- Strengthen our privacy and data protection capabilities. You'll partner with external legal counsel to develop an understanding of global privacy regulations, including the GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and the Australian Privacy Act. You'll support our efforts to ensure that we can continue to serve our global customer base against the backdrop of evolving privacy and data protection regulation. You'll contribute to our ongoing compliance efforts and data protection programs such as SOC 2, HIPAA and ISO 27001.
- Corporate governance. Assist the BizOps team and Founders in meeting Directors' obligations and managing business-critical legal and insurance contracts.
- Anything else that comes our way! We're a scrappy, generalist BizOps team and success for us is ensuring other teams are unblocked to focus on hitting their north star goals. This means from time to time picking up work that doesn't have clear ownership just yet.
- Have the chops for all things legal. You've completed your PLT training, and have 3-5 years experience in a legal role, ideally in the technology space. Additional experience in a generalist legal role at a high growth SaaS startup would be a plus.
- Stakeholder-focused project manager and executor. You can turn pain points into actionable next steps, scope a project, estimate time and key risks accurately, and work closely with relevant stakeholders to drive to completion.
- Great communicator. We expect you to take complex ideas and legal matters and distill them down into concise, actionable outcomes that can be understood by those without a legal background.
- Incredible attention to detail. A lot of the work in this space leads to irreversible decisions, so you'll need pin-point thoroughness and precision in your toolkit.
- Ambitious and keen to learn. We're in an incredibly quick moving environment, and we'll look to you to roll up your sleeves and learn about new things from time to time to assist in keeping the business moving forward.
As an added bonus, it would be incredible if you had:
- Experience with privacy regulation. You have some working knowledge or the willingness to learn about existing and developing global privacy regulations. You're open to undertaking CIPM, CIPP/E or CIPP/US certification to help strengthen our privacy capabilities.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave.
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we have an office-first culture, you're still able to work from home when it suits you.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!