Hi, We’re hipages
The hipages Group leads the on-demand tradie economy and our products have the ability to reach a total addressable market of $110B. Our mission is clear - we have a recently renewed strategy and a sense of urgency to be the first to dominate our space.
About the role
As the Data Engineering Manager, you will make an impact by building and deploying data products, ensuring the seamless integration of our data assets, and advancing our analytics platform capability.
As a key member of the data @ hipages Centre of Excellence, your role will be defined by:
- Successfully leading the Data Engineering team to deliver incremental value in every sprint
- Contributing and delivering on the hipages Group data strategy - driving key pillars including the data asset, data management and technology & architecture
- Coaching and mentoring data specialists including data engineers and data scientists
This is a key agile delivery role in the data @ hipages Centre of Excellence and is responsible for leading a world class team and promoting a strong data culture across the hipages Group.
How You will Add Value:
- People leadership: Lead, mentor and grow a team of highly talented data engineers and data scientists
- Build: Use lean & agile methodologies to deliver incremental, end-to-end business value through innovative data products
- Technical leadership: Oversee the lifecycle of high-quality software development and collaborate with the wider leadership team to champion best practice across data and engineering.
- Scale: Work with colleagues in data and engineering to build your architectural vision of a scalable, best in class data platform
- Maintain & improve: Monitor, maintain and automate our data landscape and processes with an endless appetite for improvement
- Proven experience leading and growing a team of data engineers and data scientists
- Strong technical background in data engineering, ML engineering, data science or related
- Strong agile delivery skills a big plus
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience in writing infrastructure as code using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Experience with data architecture and data platform delivery & management
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Python, Scala, Golang, etc
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines and ensuring data integrity & data quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience leading projects across multiple departments, such as Sales, Service, Marketing, Product, Engineering
- Knowledge of advanced analytics techniques e.g. machine learning, graph analysis & complex event processing
- Tertiary degree qualified in related field
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit, and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location-based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties, and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages that cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member, and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply for, we would LOVE to hear from you!