Financial Accounting Manager
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Financial Accounting Manager who’ll be for the management of financial accounting activities including month end close, banking, consolidations, treasury & payments, monthly management reporting and statutory reporting and compliance requirements.
Utilising your technical skills, you will ensure accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, balance sheet reconciliations and appropriate transactional controls to ensure compliance requirement are fulfilled.
Utilising your business partnering skills you will drive the effective operation of the finance function within the organisation to support business growth as well as help drive system and process improvement for efficiency and business development needs.
Inside the Job
- Co-ordination and completion of month end close, reconciliations and reporting.
- Preparation and submission of all transactional taxation and compliance requirements including FBT, BAS, R&D, payroll tax etc.
- Receivables, Payables and Treasury compliance and processing.
- Completion of statutory reporting responsibilities in line with legal requirements.
- Timely completion and follow up of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support and manage accounting projects and initiatives.
- Continuously drive process, efficiency and productivity improvement within the financial accounting team.
- Monitor cashflow and working capital management.
- Assisting with systems, internal control development and project work.
- Manage and lead a team of 2 staff.
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis.
- Degree Accounting/Finance and CPA or CA.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a commercial environment in similar role.
- Polished in both spoken and written word and in your ability to represent the company.
- Demonstrate good judgement; work, think, and plan independently.
- Strong initiative to go the extra mile and the foresight to anticipate needs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented in your working approach.
- Strong orientation toward employee & team service & support.
- Strong Problem-solving skills.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile office environment where priorities sometimes shift unexpectedly.
- Advanced computer skills. (Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite
- Wellness Budget
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!