Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
The Engineering team at Rokt is focused on building amazing experiences and solving complex problems. Our group of Engineers collaborate effectively to build great features for our customers, an awesome experience for the end user, and whilst protecting and respecting user data and privacy.
This role is to join a multidisciplinary team of web, backend, data engineers and data scientists and help build and manage the systems that facilitate efficient and trustworthy experimentation across the millions of consumer interactions generated daily across the Rokt global network. These systems enable our partners,marketplace brands and internal teams to scientifically surface insights into consumer behaviour, validate hypotheses, and steer strategic decisions, thereby creating a better consumer experience whilst driving towards a desired success outcome for the client.
The Experimentation platform is a new system created only 6 months ago, and recently broken out into a new team. In 2021 the team has multiple ambitious goals including building new features on A/B and multivariate testing, extending the utility of the platform with self-service, embedding advanced (frequentist and bayesian) analytics and reporting, whilst maintaining service reliability. All these bring about interesting challenges that requires a special breed of passionate, inquisitive and pragmatic engineers!
- Working together with the Product Manager and the rest of the team in an agile setting, to take high-level requirements and define concrete plans/designs for implementation
- Developing high-quality, performant and easy-to-maintain code and tests
- Conducting spikes and build prototypes to test ideas
- Troubleshooting and resolving support issues in either code or infrastructure
- Maintaining system health and reliability in an AWS/Kubernetes environment
- Facilitating collaboration within the team and outside of the team
- Lead end to end design and mentor junior team members
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.
- 5+ years in commercial software development experience designing, building and operating microservices in a complex setting
- Experience with functional JVM languages, preferably Scala and Clojure
- Experience working in a Scrum or Kanban environment
- BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or equivalent, or similar experience
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organization
Nice to Have
- Background in designing and building high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems
- Cloud, devops or SRE experience with Docker and Kubernetes in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Full-stack development experience using React/Angular
- Data science and or statistics background
- Prior experience building or using experimentation platforms
- AWS (Cloudformation, Lambda, SNS, SQS, etc)
- FE (Angular 9, rxjs, ngrx)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.