In your role, it is essential that you have an understanding of the broader context of software engineering and product development strategy at finder, including the intersection of technical, business, and customer-facing factors that carve the way to your work being successful.
You are an exemplar champion of Finder's core values of 'empowering people to take action, a 'go live' bias towards action, 'be straight up' approach to open communication, and 'master your craft' which is all about continuous curiosity and learning.
- Embody, demonstrate and reinforce our company values while embodying Finder’s engineering principles and execution.
- Quality and timely delivery of squad’s results-focused output along with coordination with other teams.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to see and create efficient solutions and scaleable solutions
- Accountability for Finder’s target architecture, engineering vision, and rallying our engineers to incarnate these important dreams into reality.
Desired Experience and Skills:
We realise that everybody’s experience is unique and we value potential and attitude over experience and so not all of these are necessarily required:
- Able to grow a team that works across the stack to deliver an outcome– including working with Node.JS, MongoDB, MySQL, GraphQL, React, React Native, and PHP.
- Demonstrable leadership, people development, and goal setting with a cross-disciplinary delivery team including Software Engineers, Product Managers and Designers
- Experience working in a fast-paced, energized environment, being comfortable with a bit of ambiguity, and maintaining a curious attitude.
- Excellence in architectural design; including SOA, Microservice architectures, messaging, and event processing.
- Great communication, and a genuine desire to help the teamwork better together with a healthy dose of fun.
Nice to have:
- Some experience with teams, team members, and stakeholders working in different timezones (though it is not expected to be a core requirement of this role).
- Financial Regulation in Australia, the USA, and/or Europe (e.g. SOC-2, PCI or ISO27001)
- Thought leadership on social media and in the community
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.