Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
At Afterpay, being our Instructional Designer and Facilitator, means playing a major part in helping our people unlock their potential and be successful every day. Reporting to the Instructional design lead, you will create, implement and facilitate blended learning programs for our global operations team members. This is a truly global role as you support our Australian teams and partners, as well as those in the UK, the US and beyond as we continue to rapidly scale!
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Create and maintain blended learning programs
- Translate complex concepts and technical information into easy to understand and engaging content
- Collaborate closely with other Instructional Designers
- Deliver training to team members and/or “training the trainer”
- Create resources to support trainers with their facilitation
- Attend SME meetings to determine future learning requirements
- 70% of your role will focus on instructional design and 30% on facilitation
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Strong, demonstrable experience in visual, instructional design and facilitation, ideally within Financial Services or Retail
- Previous experience using Articulate 360 and learning management systems
- Experience applying instructional design models and adult learning theories/principles to the development of engaging learning solutions and resources.
- High level attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience with editing images and videos.
- Flexible servicing teams across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
- Comfortable challenging the way we work now so that that we can improve as we grow
- Curious, empathetic and a can-do attitude
- A creative thinker who designs with their audience in mind and for measurable impact
- You get a kick out of helping others grow their personal capability!
How we reward you.
We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.