EstimateOne is an Australian born SaaS platform and one of AFR’s 2022 Best Places to Work in Australia and NZ. Headquartered in Richmond, Melbourne, our ambition is to become the global industry standard procurement platform in the commercial construction industry. Our platform connects Builders, Subcontractors and Suppliers and supports better decision making by all parties.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our team, you will:
- Be part of a team that owns its products & services end-to-end - from solution design and development through to deployment and monitoring
- Have a pragmatic approach to designing and building solutions where lean and agile principles are leveraged so customer value is delivered frequently
- Build deep domain knowledge in the area which your team works
- Have experience across the full stack, with deep experience in 1 or 2 areas (out of front-end, backend and devops)
- Have experience working in an agile environment and contribute to rituals such as the planning of work and the continuous improvement of team processes
- Spend some time coding collaboratively as a pair or mob
- Build new services using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and using templates and patterns from the infrastructure enablement team
- Be willing to contribute your ideas and experience to continually improve our products and team
Tldr; what do we do and what do we play with?
- We build in: Nodejs, React, Nest.js, Typescript, PHP, Symfony, REST, GraphQL
- We like the cloud: AWS, Lambda, Fargate, S3, SNS, SQS etc.
- And control it with: Terraform and Buildkite.
- Store things in: Aurora MySQL, DynamoDB
- Index searches using: Elastic Search, OpenSearch
- We practice: DevOps, CI/CD, DDD, TDD, pairing and mobbing.
- A lot more + laughs and jelly snakes
The role & platform
We are seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you'll have the capacity to make a real, measurable difference to thousands of users. You’ll help define and implement solutions to the right customer problems, ensuring usability, reliability and performance are all considered. You can influence and help define technical decisions and direction, our ways of working, and make us better as a team with your unique experience.
You will measure your success by the outcomes that your team achieves, and not the amount of code you produce. You’ll know when to bring other engineers into the conversation and help guide everyone to think big-picture and be strategic. You'll be a key member in a cross-functional team who collaborates with designers and product experts.
Your ability to champion our values matters to us; we care about our team and you'll be joining a group of people who want each other to be happy and successful. If you’re a motivated, self-starter and user-orientated person with experience in growing a company, we need you in our team.
There’s more to working at EstimateOne than just creating game changing technology for the construction industry. We know that to reach the lofty goals we set ourselves we need to look after our team, our shareholders and the industry we serve. These are just a few of the things we offer:
- Flexible working hours & the ability to work from home
- The option to work part-time, if you prefer
- $5,000 per year to put towards your professional development
- 5 days entrepreneurial leave per year, to work on your side projects and make them come to life
- Paid Parental & volunteer leave
- $500 each year to create your perfect work from home setup
- Business wide activities on a Friday afternoon, each quarter, (think escape rooms, drawing classes, games afternoons, cooking classes)
- We also match NFP donations 2:1 - to name a few!
Who we are
EstimateOne is an Australian born SaaS platform and one of AFR’s 2022 Best Places to Work in Australia and NZ. Headquartered in Richmond, Melbourne, our ambition is to become the global industry standard procurement platform in the commercial construction industry.
We’re the market leaders in Australia & NZ, and now we are extending our product offering and entering new markets. We recently secured $20M in new investment to support our strategy, so it’s a really exciting time to be joining us.
At EstimateOne, we believe that by looking after our whole ecosystem of users, and balancing the needs of our team, our shareholders and the industry, we can achieve our vision to become a global leader in construction technology; famous for the positive impact on the industry we serve. To do that we'll need to make sure we're unlocking value from what we've already built while also inventing new stuff. It's equal parts optimisation and innovation.
Our established scaleup vibe keeps things lively. We’ve come a long way in 14 years, and seeing what we’ve achieved in that time, get’s us pretty excited for the next 14. We’re passionate about transparent and fair expectations and results and we have a commitment to creating a career defining place to work for all of our team.
EstimateOne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment which embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, please let us know when you apply so we can do our best to support you. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we also commit to responding to every applicant.