Founded in 2013, Moula is an Australian fintech dedicated to backing good business. Providing business finance solutions across lending and payments, we empower businesses to access capital without using assets. We've developed a unique platform that will analyse a business' data, making the process simple, fast and friendly. With our ‘heads and hearts’ approach, we’re focused on combining data, automation and tech, with a personal, human experience.
As we continue to scale, we’re creating exciting opportunities. Come and join our super talented team and find out why we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Startup (2019).
About the position
We are a fast growing fintech and have created our own product in house. We’re looking for a skilled Mobile Developer who is keen to get involved in a fantastic culture and has a genuine interest in technology and innovative practices.
You’ll be working with some of the latest technology in a fast-paced, forward thinking, agile environment. This role will be a mix of developing new functionality and enhancing the existing mobile application. This includes:
- Hands on software development and unit/integration testing
- Coordinating with your team lead and BA, ensuring that work moves forward at a good pace, according to our architecture plan and engineering best practices and with quality
- Being involved in the long term design and evolution of our mobile application
- Collaborating with other developers – passing on your knowledge and helping to identify areas of development, while also being open to receiving feedback
- Working in an agile team and contributing to the quick development feedback cycle and continuous team improvements
- Being a part of the weekly on-call register for the mobile app, working on our ‘we support what we build’ mentality
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with at least 2 in building mobile applications
- A solid understanding of React Native, RxJs and Typescript
- Experience in GraphQL development
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge of component design and styling
- Experience of good automated testing practices (we use Jest, React Testing, Detox)
- Experience with Agile processes (we prefer Scrum)
- An understanding of different types of architecture, including event-driven architecture and microservices is not essential but highly regarded
- Experience with financial and/or payment systems would be a bonus
- Knowledge of .NET software development and the Microsoft Development Stack is not essential but would be a bonus
We are looking for well-rounded people who:
- Are self-directed – you take ownership of your role and have an ‘I’ve got this attitude’
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment with a willingness to mentor and work with developers at all levels of experience
- Are quality focused – you embrace code reviews, testing and refactoring
- Are flexible and have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas
- Have a passion for continuous learning and growth as a developer
We don’t know it all. We’re not looking for someone who does. But you’ll need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up, be curious, and keep pushing until you’ve found the boundary. We don’t believe in perfect, but we do believe in testing, learning, and asking more questions than any of us had thought of to start with.
We’re a quirky bunch, we love a good laugh, and we’re not afraid to face a challenge head on. No two of us are alike, so to fit in, you’ll need a good dose of different.