Are you an expert systems engineer with a passion for leading engineering teams?
Morse Micro is seeking a Systems Manager with in-depth knowledge of wireless PHY Systems to lead the Systems team. We are looking for a genuine leader who can drive a global team of experienced engineers to lead the systems development for our next-generation Wi-Fi HaLow chips and beyond.
Reporting to the VP of Systems & Software, your focus will be overseeing the Systems Team covering Design and Characterization directly, while also working very closely with other technical teams covering Analog, Digital, Board, Production and Software teams, as well as Project Management.
Work visa sponsorship is available for the right candidate.
- Oversee the complete design cycle from idea to mass production
- System architecture, design & modelling of WLAN Physical layer and interfaces
- Work with Analog design team to specify and debug system
- Work withRTL Design teams to implement and model algorithms
- Oversee chip bring up on bench, with adequate knowledge of required instruments
- Work with Software team for implementation of various configurable algorithms, state machines and interfaces
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
Required skills and technical leadership abilities include:
- 10+ years experience leading PHY systems teams with proven silicon success
- Ability to deliver complex projects, with large unknown/new components on time
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership within the team
- Mentorship & guidance of junior team members
- Sound working knowledge of adjacent technical specialities
- Extensive knowledge of wider implications of technology and product development including understanding the competitive market landscape (e.g. area, power consumption of competitive parts, FOM for state of the art circuits)
- Effectively leads the design, development and implementation of strategic technical initiatives which contribute to the future growth and success of Morse Micro
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of status and issues across all engineering groups, inc. IP landscape and production engineering
What we’re looking for:
- Wireless systems engineer with 10+ years relevant industry experience in WLAN/LTE industry
- 10+ years experience leading systems teams
- Masters or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering with strong fundamentals in Wireless Communication, Information and Coding Theory, MIMO communications and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience of taking wireless chips to mass production
- Expert understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc)
- Expert in Matlab
- A good understanding of programming languages such as C and Python with a good understanding of fixed point arithmetic
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Experience in Instrumentation Automation for lab and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Wireless PHY Systems Manager.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.