Working closely with the product management, design and engineering team, you will design, assemble and deliver new technology and products that grow finder’s capabilities and continue to grow the commercial interests of the company. You will work closely with Engineering Leads, Principal Engineers and Product Managers in order to achieve this.
You will be comfortable working an engineering outcome from inception through to delivery including deployment and successful operation in a production environment. You will be at home across the technology stack - top to bottom, from the user interface through the messaging, service and data tiers as well as monitoring, working with and tuning the deployment in production if required.
This is not a hand holding role, and the expectations for success are very high but this will also come with great rewards, experience, coaching, mentoring and internal support to achieve success. As a Senior Engineer, you will ensure that your, and your team’s code quality is high, and that each engineer on your team is developing professionally. Your success will not be based solely on your output, but will include the performance of those around you. You are a collaborative teammate with a positive outlook and strong communication skills.
In your role, it is important that you have an understanding of the broader context of software engineering and product development strategy at finder, including the intersection of technical, business and customer-facing factors that carve the way to your work being successful. You champion finder's core values of 'empowering people' to take action, a 'go live' bias towards action, 'be straight up' approach to open communication and 'master your craft' which is all about continuous curiosity and learning.
- Working with Engineering Leaders to set strategic goals to improve technical direction.
- Guide projects and deliver on deadlines with a cross-functional team.
- Embody, demonstrate and enforce our company values.
- Quality and timely delivery of engineering deliverables.
- Identifying, improving and automating team processes and workflows
- Interviewing and recruiting new team members
- Championing and embodying great software engineering principles to deliver a better experience for our users and an engaging technology-led engineering environment.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to create solutions
- Ability to work either autonomously or with other members of the team to deliver outcomes.
- Design and develop scalable production-level solutions that use machine learning models to meet business requirements
- Deploy data science models to production in cloud environments
Essential Requirements of the Role:
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of Software Engineers, Product Managers and Designers based remotely in different timezones.
- 4+ years experience in software engineering (or equivalent)
- Understanding and utilisation of Agile development methodologies
- Experience and ability to perform DevOps work when required including monitoring, alerting and support.
- Software and Systems Architecture and solution design
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Knowledge of common machine learning frameworks
- Experience with utilising machine learning model at enterprise level
- Experience in working with cloud-based databases and data warehouses (eg. BigQuery or Redshift)
Nice to have
- Experience with message queues, event processing and event sourcing
- Effective branching and merging techniques such as GitFlow and Trunk-Based Development
- Experience working with multiple data sources and services (eg. Snowplow and Segment)
- High performance, low latency computing
- Massive Use, Global Scale platforms
- Financial Regulation in Australia, the USA and/or Europe.
- Security concepts and certification experience including SOC-2, PCI or ISO27001
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise-class software company
Finder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.