Engineering opportunities – VALD
Are you passionate about technology and developing software, and want to join one of the fastest-growing sports and health technology companies in the world? Then we would love to hear from you.
Our multidisciplinary Product team is split into two functions, Product Strategy and Engineering. The team comprises full-stack Software Engineers, Product Owners, Mobile Application Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, UX/UI Designers, and a whole Product strategy team.
Our Engineering team is growing! We are after talented software engineers across various disciplines to join us in our fantastic Brisbane HQ.
If you’re an intermediate to senior engineer, we have multiple roles to keep up with our growth and we want to hear from you!
We’d also love it if you have:
- Familiarity with common approaches of CI/CD in cloud environments.
- Experience utilising database technologies such as SQL
- Proficiency with source control repositories (GIT)
- Comfortable with unit testing (both front-end and back-end)
- Ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with limited supervision.
If you have only had exposure to some of the above but have other interesting and complementary experience, please don’t hesitate to apply. For us above all, we are looking for creative problem solvers with a ‘can do’ attitude, people who are lifelong learners and will take the time to help and educate their teammates …. someone who loves what they do.
How we operate
- React/TypeScript front end.
- C# ASP.NET core microservice APIs.
- Azure services: App Service, Service Bus, Storage, SQL, Cognitive Search, Functions, Media Services, App Insights, Traffic Manager, Key Vault, Notification Hub and more.
- Stand-ups and Retrospectives.
- Work from home options, a truly flexible work environment.
Have we sparked your interest? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Besides the opportunity to work in a company that is redefining allied healthcare, we offer:
- Competitive market salary in a down-to-earth, inclusive, and vibrant work environment .
- Dedicated training budget.
- Opportunity to upskill in many areas of the stack: React/TypeScript, ASP.NET Core, hosting and deployments to the cloud.
- Learn from a range of high-performing individuals and teams across a range of disciplines.
- Chefs that prepare you delicious fresh breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday.
- On-site barista to make your coffee just as you like it.
- Conveniently located in Newstead, close to public transport.
- End of Trip facilities – showers, bike and scooter racks.
- Table tennis and basketball hoop, if that’s your thing.
- Access to the VALD gym, remedial sports massage therapy, and subsidised physiotherapy and exercise physiology services.
VALD is a fast-growing, Brisbane-based scale-up providing innovative human-measurement technology to over 1,500 of the world's most elite sporting teams, clinics, universities, hospitals, and Defence departments.
If you have a favourite team in the NBA, English Premier League, NFL, AFL or NRL, there's a good chance they use VALD products.
Seven years on from its humble beginnings around a share-house dining room table in Brisbane, VALD has grown to a team of over 150 team members in 19 countries, with four offices across Australia, the UK and USA
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
We're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive VALD team. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.