With 25 million pets and counting, Australians love their pets. However, leaving them while on holiday, at work, or even during the day can be stressful for both animals and their humans. At Mad Paws, we solve this problem.
Mad Paws is Australia’s largest marketplace for Pet Sitting and pet-related services; the platform allows Pet Owners to search for Pet Sitters in their local area and find someone to look after their best friend when they’re not around. We launched 5 years ago and we have been showing extremely strong growth, which we are very excited about. We are venture-backed and an official partner of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
The Mad Paws Pack is made up of a talented and passionate team working to creating the largest pet community in Australia. We work hard, whilst also making sure to never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested below.
Join one of the fastest-growing Products in our Company.
You’ll work with a highly switched-on cross-functional agile team, driven by ambitious outcomes to make Pet Ownership easier to every Australian.
You’ll collaborate with product managers, engineers, marketing and customer support, at all levels, to highlight the needs from our users, through powerful communication and storytelling, while making sure we keep them at the centre of everything we do. You’re passionate about emerging technologies and tools and are proactive in making suggestions on how we can leverage them. You’re a master in your workflow and confident to ask feedback and direction, both internally and externally, with no guidance. You build trust with customers and colleagues in a flash!
In the Design team, you’ll be a true problem solver and you’ll develop innovative and pragmatic user experiences and interfaces to the real world. Your ambition is the sky and you’ll be supported by your leader and peers to experiment and deliver against metrics that impact positively the customer experience and business growth, not only features. Ultimately, your north star as a Product Designer will be our customers’ satisfaction.
- Position: Product Designer
- Reports to: Head of Product
- Shepherd your project to fruition championing the importance of the user-centric experience, from early whiteboard ideation all the way through release and iteration.
- Work day-to-day in one of our agile cross-functional teams with engineering, product management, marketing and customer experience to solve problems collaboratively.
- Build outstanding end-to-end user-centric experiences, interfaces and workflows by driving design decisions with intuition and a smart dose of data and user research.
- Convert complex challenging workflows into simple, usable experiences.
- Acknowledge that progress smartly to ship fast and capture real customer feedback is extensively more valuable than iterating in close walls to find the perfect solution.
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of business models, user segments, devices and platforms. Achieve it by being a true advocate of design principles, strong information architecture, as well as visual and experiential consistency.
- Play an active role in supporting the next level of our design system in close collaboration with engineering.
- Seeks actively for new and innovative ways of working that can make Design more efficient, agile and focused on outcomes.
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work and personal development, every step of the way. This includes self-managing, actionable, and capable of proposing tactical and strategic decisions proactively.
- Communicate design decisions clearly, while understanding it is as important as the proposed solution.
- 3+ year experience in full-stack agile design, including user research, UX, UI, interaction design, while working immersed in an agile and user-centric cross-functional team.
- You have a cutting-edge portfolio that illustrates your experience in product thinking and demonstrates your UX/UI design work has been shipped.
- You are comfortable ideating at 10,000 feet and executing on the ground with precision.
- You have a good understanding of design systems for iOS, Android and Web products.
- Experience working with industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch and Jira.
- Front-end coding (HTML and CSS) experience, including accessibility, would be a huge plus.
- Proficiency in reporting and data analytics will also be highly valued – eg. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Tableau, M. Excel, MySQL.
- Ability to prioritise, work, and deliver results autonomously and on time.
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something scale quickly from customer #1 and witness in person the impact of your work, then you need to get on board.
- You love learning from the people around you and love sharing your expertise as well.
- You enjoy working with a passionate and self-driven team of high-performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves and each other to deliver the best experience to our customers.
- Mentorship from your manager and support from the rest of our world-class Mad Paws leadership team.
- Autonomously lead your work and contribute to adjust and improve the principles that enable management driven by outcomes.
- Our office is in Pyrmont, Sydney, within the WOTSO coworking space.
- Walking distance to… Town Hall (15m), Chinatown (10m) and Sydney Fish Market (5m).
- Perks include:
- Competitive salary and equity options.
- Flexible working hours and days in the office.
- Free coffee, cookies, and awesome chill-out areas (in the building);
- A passionate and hard-working team.
- Of course, dogs in the office!
E-mail our Head of Product (strictly no recruiters please) on [email protected] with “Product Designer Job Application” as the subject. Then include the following elements:
- Curriculum Vitae (attached).
- In the email body, include the response to the following questions:
- What’s the direct link to your LinkedIn profile page?
- What’s the link to your design portfolio (eg. including user research, UX, UI, interaction design)?
- Do you have Product Design hands-on experience and how will you succeed in this role?
- What is the one extraordinary skill you bring to this role that makes your application stand out and why?
- What’s your experience working in an Agile environment, driven by outcomes (instead of features)?
- What is your expected salary package and how flexible is it?
- What’s your notice period?
- Are ok to travel regularly to our office and adjust frequency based on ongoing COVID restriction updates?
- Are you fully entitled to work in Australia or would you need sponsorship?
We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested above.